Reasons to be cheerful

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thank you.
It would be great if I could get some of the real stuff, mate. :thumb:

For anybody else looking for the real deal these guys would be as close as you could expect to get. Family owned since the 40's and from provincial NZL, a time and place where telling porkies of an impure nature would see you very much moved against & banished.

www.aratakihoney.co.nz

[email protected] Attn:- Nat.

Thy even put their family name to it so to me this is the best chance of not being ripped off as is so common with this type of product now days.

Druk’s Manuka is part of a skin patch which is applied to the outside of an obvious surface lesion to try and increase the anti-biotic effect on said lesion and thereby ease some of the pain. Seems to work very well and I suspect it’s quite expensive treatment which is why I had to find myself in the Marie Curie before I was offered it. NHS had a CO-OP honey plaster but it didn’t seem to work.

Yes I have heard of this together with Antibiotics they increase the effectiveness of the antibiotic significantly. Could be good for bacterial prostatitis that way too, where antibiotics have a very hard time dealing to it.

See if they want and will allow you to have/import the tiny leaves of the plant to contact the wound and I'll see if I can get some to you. Manuka and Kanuka is excellent fire wood, I can vouch for the effects of the leaves directly on the skin from handling the stuff while cutting firewood. Took me completely by surprise, had a cut in a fold of the skin that was a real pain, pretty much the next day or two it was healed completely! Copper or Silver may also help if nothing in the traditional pharmaceutical range does but I am not sure if they work symbiotically like the Tea-tree seems to....

The Māori used the Manuka a lot buy strapping it directly to the wound.

Last edited:
Great lyrics.

At my wedding, the opening dance was to Reasons to be Fearful.

English culture is safe all the time stars like Ian Dury continue to find an audience.
His wit, working class charm and brilliant stage presence are sadly missed.

English culture is safe all the time stars like Ian Dury continue to find an audience.
His wit, working class charm and brilliant stage presence are sadly missed.

By all accounts he was pretty hard to work with and I read a story written about him by his daughter which was hardly uplifting.

BUT

On the stage at the Forum in Islington on the 90's with his amazing live band the music was stunning.

I was half expecting a bit of pub-rock but the arrangements were spot on - complex, mutilayered rock/jazz/punk/funk - and they could really play.

Reactions: Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom