Reassurance please.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BaldGuy

MB Enthusiast
Car
No longer a Benz...
Just driving home this evening down a country lane and rounded a corner slowly at about 40 and came head to head with a small tree that had fallen across the road. Now this is a silver birch which did look rotten when I looked at it after. However I couldn't stop in time and went clean over it. (it was about 6" thick I guess)

I instantly stopped and checked everything underneath and all seems ok, I have a few marks on my lower valance but i'm sure they will polish out..

Is there anything underneath that could have been damaged? the engine cover tray looks fine and the gearbox looks ok, traced the fuel lines the length of the car and they all seem ok too...

It doesn't make any strange noises or leaks etc etc

I'm looking for reassurance here guys... :(

Have a full four wheel alignment performed to chech suspension and steering are ok.

The "owner" of the tree should have insurance if you need to claim.

Sounds as if you thought of all the important points mate, it will be fine.:cool:

i agree with deiselman wheel alighnment may be an idea, otherwise seems like you got off ok!

Cheers guys for your feedback.....Had the car checked today and it has a clean bill of health, although there are a few scuff marks on the valance and on one side of the car that will polish out...
I am also going to get a 4 wheel laser align done this weekend.

Cheers guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom