Rebellion Automotive iTuning 5.5V8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rsk21

Car
German and British
Having recently acquired a new CLS63 SB to replace my previous C63 estate I have been on a quest to try and replicate some of the wonderfully manic nature of the n/a car in the new turbocharged machine.

The first step in the process was to address the noise via the fitment of a set of Rado downpipes provided by the excellent Eurocharged - see elsewhere on the board for details.

Last week I made a further modification via the fitment of one of Rebellion's tuning boxes for the biturbo motor. I have to say dealing with Rebellion has been an absolute pleasure from start to finish. I met with Matt at MBWorld Brooklands of all places and after a quick chat about all things Mercedes he popped the bonnet and said to work. Unfortunately the design of the engine bay in the CLS meant that what was a 20 minute job on the SL63 became almost two hours of battling with strange shaped books and crannies but in fairness to Matt not once did he complain not would he hear of any extra cost for the time incurred, he even took me out for a spin in Rebellion's mental A45 afterwards :)

So what's it like ?

In a word - excellent.

I haven't had the car dynoed yet but would estimate it's pushing somewhere in the region of 650bhp now and the combined changes see it breathing more freely, with a significant increase in noise and relentless acceleration especially in the mid range. I haven't stop watch tested it but can say without any hesitation it is quicker than it was by a noticeable difference. Using some very basic measurement tools it's capable of sub 4 secs to 60 in the dry. Top speed is anybody's guess but I fancy attending a vmax event to try and find out. All of this and at no extra cost to my premium following a call to MB insurance :)

Am planning to make a new video soon which I'll post to this thread when complete.

To conclude I'm extremely happy with this addition to the car just as I was with the first modification. I've now had direct experience of two of the tuners who sponsor this forum and would very happily deal with both again without hesitation.

Nice work. As you know I have gone/going the same way on both accounts with a slight variation on the downpipes. Should be completed in the next couple of weeks followed by a dyno.

Hope to catch-up soon and we can make some noise;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom