Rebellion C63 Dyno testing..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PhilDR

Car
C63 AMG Coupe
Hi all just thought we would keep you upto date with a few things we are upto.

Firstly we have now completed the final design for and fitted our electronic valves into the C63 Dual mode exhaust project. They work a treat and the difference is very noticeable between sport and race tones.

We took the opportunity last week to get the car on the dyno to ensure that our system has zero loss between the two modes (some Valvetronic systems have shown upto 20bhp loss due to restriction when switched to 'quiet).

We were happy to note only approx 5hp difference between runs and this was mainly attributed to the extra temp of a second run..so all in all very happy.

We have a little tweaking to the current map needed but she put down a healthy 418whp and 382ftlbs

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 36
Nice results, what is that at the crank?

I'd love to hear it in race mode in person. The stock C63 is quite a brutal sounding machine lol!

Ppplus c63s make 500+ bhp from the factory, palmballs was 507 stock.

Ppplus c63s make 500+ bhp from the factory, palmballs was 507 stock.

Wow this gets boring real quick.... Yes I have seen ppp cars make 500+ and also down to the quoted 481 from stock.

Our car in fact dynoed somewhere around 492 stock when we first got it.

Just thought people would like to see the fact that we try and actually test things we do...

I make all our Ppp customers aware that gains are limited and that we are more than happy to arrange dyno before and after if wanted.

Phil@Rebellion said:
Wow this gets boring real quick.... "

If car related factual figures bore you maybe you should consider a alternative trade.

Your endless non stop self promotion on this site also gets boring real quick.

Phil@Rebellion said:

If car related factual figures bore you maybe you should consider a alternative trade.

Apologies as a paid forum sponsor I assumed showcasing development was allowed.....:dk:

Hi all just thought we would keep you upto date with a few things we are upto.

Firstly we have now completed the final design for and fitted our electronic valves into the C63 Dual mode exhaust project. They work a treat and the difference is very noticeable between sport and race tones.

We took the opportunity last week to get the car on the dyno to ensure that our system has zero loss between the two modes (some Valvetronic systems have shown upto 20bhp loss due to restriction when switched to 'quiet).

We were happy to note only approx 5hp difference between runs and this was mainly attributed to the extra temp of a second run..so all in all very happy.

We have a little tweaking to the current map needed but she put down a healthy 418whp and 382ftlbs

One thing which I would be interested to know is what is the top speed of these cars after a remap? Just curious that's all.

Phil@Rebellion said:

Careful with your persistent negative comments!

Having a bad ass car doesn't give you the right also to have a bad mouth. If anyone else has a problem with a trader they need to speak to us first.

Take a week off for your bad behaviour. 1 week ban issued.

One thing which I would be interested to know is what is the top speed of these cars after a remap? Just curious that's all.

At Bruntinghthorpe they can hit 178/179 I don't think any C63 have hit 180 there yet.

If the road was long enough I would guess low 190's

SavMan is correct I would say 190 on a very long run.... The amount of extra power required to go that extra 10mph at those speeds becomes exponential..

Regarding the other issue in this thread all I will say is that if people have met me or dealt with us they will understand that we have a huge amount of passion for what we do.. We also like to design and develop new things as well as provide products that already exist and clients want.

We have joined the forum to showcase things that we do on customer vehicles and also our own..we are a paid sponsor...

Most of our started threads will be about a product or development that we are working on. I completely understand the freedom of opinion etc.. Public forum etc. Ultimately if your not interested in what we do its probably in best taste not to bother posting in them.

We will always accept criticism if we are due it.

Regarding the other issue in this thread all I will say is that if people have met me or dealt with us they will understand that we have a huge amount of passion for what we do.. We also like to design and develop new things as well as provide products that already exist and clients want.

We have joined the forum to showcase things that we do on customer vehicles and also our own..we are a paid sponsor...

Most of our started threads will be about a product or development that we are working on. I completely understand the freedom of opinion etc.. Public forum etc. Ultimately if your not interested in what we do its probably in best taste not to bother posting in them.

We will always accept criticism if we are due it.

As i read it there was no criticism Don was just stating a point that he felt was relevant/open to discussion!

Tony.

As I see it his ban was for the comment about endless self promotion and I guess other comments else where (not seen these). If I were a sponsor on this site doing as much development as Rebellion and payin for the privalidge, I am damn sure I would be self promoting too.

However, a ban was probably a bit over zealous. Perhaps a little wrist slap was more warranted.

Last edited:
However, back on topic. Great results, Phil. What about any torque increase, mid range or top end. I assume throttle response is improved?

If Phil has paid to promote his business by posting data of interest to many then he should be free to do so. If "free" members read it and dont like what they see they are free to keep quiet ! Surely its the sponsors who keep this site financially viable for we "freeloaders" ?

Surely its the sponsors who keep this site financially viable for we "freeloaders" ?

Without the 'freeloaders' there'd be no sponsors, because there'd be no-one viewing the forum for the sponsors to sell to...;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom