Rebellion RA550 C63 VMAX Results

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PhilDR

Car
C63 AMG Coupe
Managed to get the C63 to VMAX today and do some real world testing of the RA550 package...

Result top speed recorded through the traps was 189mph so we are pretty happy! :bannana::bannana:

Looking forward to the video - great stuff :thumb:.

I assume Bob heard nothing more?

Last edited:
Heres a vid

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=644826022223984&set=vb.176078189190179&type=3&theater

And a few photos
12kb.jpg

g4yb.jpg

I can't believe this thread is so quiet. 189 is very impressive for a C63. A standard C63 has only ever managed 156 before I'm sure.

It's only a 2 mile straight too.

Well done Phil and well done to the RA550.

It is indeed impressive but I guess most people aren't aware of what a standard C63 would do on a 2 mile straight (I wasn't until you said it).

Do you think with the right road it could crack 200?

Look at this list.

Attachments

• image-1320290252.jpg
    image-1320290252.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 155
A standard C63 is fast, no doubt. Phil's 63 is on another level.

Standard C63 hits 174mph without much hassle at VMax - very unpleasant as the front gets very, very light.

How was the handling at that speed?

S

Simon_M said:
Standard C63 hits 174mph without much hassle at VMax - very unpleasant as the front gets very, very light. How was the handling at that speed? S

I stand corrected! Thanks :)

It has been lowered a little on H&R coilovers so it maybe a little better??

Crikey that's fast :eek: Is it me or does it seem to shift a lot faster than a standard C63?

I can remember a run in a Kleeman 63 estate which felt very unstable at speed, think it got up to 175mph.

We hit 158MPH but we could only use 3/4 throttle at Top end or the car went into limp mode :/

We are reworking the map at the moment to pull back the unused fuel... with that done I'm confident on topping 170MPH.

Ferrari F12 + Rebellion RA350 + Helicopter = FUN!
Helicoptor vs Ferrari F12 Berlinetta at VMax Quicksilver - YouTube

RA350
lapz.jpg

RA550 and RA350
12kb.jpg

RA350 and RUF CTR3
w5kl.jpg

Handling was absolutely spot on. No issues with light front end at all, but as Olly has said we are running the full H and R coilovers...

189mph is an outstanding result an backs up the mods and power gain claims.

To put it into perspective it puts it into the same league as the near 600bhp '55k cars, I think Paul Lopes80 has topped 190.

The difference between 175mph and 189mph is a lot at VMax, it would represent a very clear margin between the cars in distance.

Would be good to see what the C350 can really do, especially as the weather is nice and cool now so can get the best results. 167mph is the target of the fastest diesel that's ran there.....my old car!

I love VMax, by far the best car event in my opinion.

Jules

Awesome result, going to try and get to the next VMAX so would be good to pit a stock car against this monster

Thanks guys...it is an amazing event and I have now done it in my Monaro, Supercharged VXR8, Camaro SS and the C63....

The Merc was definately the most fun:rock:

Managed 339km/h (212mph) on the Autobahn last week in Billy's ex CLS55. No issues with handling but the road soon disappears. There was still a bit left but traffic ahead dictated the pace so had to abort. Will wait until better weather next year for a max with GoPro set up. great experience in a great car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom