Rebuild Project E55 Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Stunning, it really does look that good

I like it actually - just black and chrome maybe not but the red seems to bring it all together.

What are those two holes with threads, which are halfway between the Mercedes badge and the engine maker's plaque, for?

What are those two holes with threads, which are halfway between the Mercedes badge and the engine maker's plaque, for?

Taking a stab in the dark here but i always thought they were for screwing some sort of hooks into to lift either the Supercharger or maybe the whole engine???

Just a guess.

i like the colour combo, red and chrome compliment each other, i still like the carbon fibre, but when your car goes like hell, the engine may as well be the same colour

hey guys some updates!

My Dash !!!

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

New front Discs and Pads

IMG_0972.jpg

Just about to start the engine and Guess what !! A hair line crack in the Sump i was well ****** at the time!!!

IMG_0994.jpg

The engine colours look even better with the engine in, I dont recall seeing many with matt black supercharger.

Are those EBC Yellow stuff front pads?

gutted about the hairline crack, been a labour of love for you this one: What else has got to be done now?Is the list as long as your arm or just to your elbow?

You can almost hear it sucking the petrol dry from the tank :)

Awesome

The engine colours look even better with the engine in, I dont recall seeing many with matt black supercharger.

Are those EBC Yellow stuff front pads?

i painted it matt black but lets see what happends when it hot , knowing my luck it will flake off ! lol

Yes they are Yellow Stuff , i wanted to test them out and see what they are like.

acid

gutted about the hairline crack, been a labour of love for you this one: What else has got to be done now?Is the list as long as your arm or just to your elbow?

Everyday i have got new ideas!! But no spare money !!! lol

Acid, this is nuts. Love the project, can't wait to see it at the VMax breaking record!

Even the mechanic can't bear to watch the engine going back in...

That dash looks like a lot of work left to get it back together again.

How come the dash needed removing or did I miss something?

It needed flocking :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom