Recall an Update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

14emerc

Car
E class 220cdi
So, my Eclass was booked in today for the Recall " Inadvertent Driver Airbag Deployment "

It say, allow one hour for this Recall.
It took One and a half.
After which I was told, we done half of it and we need to order parts and call your car back to fit this second part!

I kind of find this a bit strange, why was my car booked in when all the parts are not available and why would you then do half a job?

Anyone else had this problem?

Pete

Nope, mine was recalled, booked in and completed within the hour and a check over which revealed rear tyres at 3mm.
Not fishing for business and no quote given.

Happy with that.

Your situation seems odd.

Got to say, I do find it a bit odd. Would like to think that if something was broken then I would have been told. It means having to return and loose best part of half a day again.
The free cup of coffee and car wash can't buy the loss of time.

Got to say, I do find it a bit odd. Would like to think that if something was broken then I would have been told. It means having to return and loose best part of half a day again.
The free cup of coffee and car wash can't buy the loss of time.

Tell 'em to come and collect it and deliver it back once they've finished. Does seem really weird all the same!

Why should you be put out by them ? They made an appointment for an hour , which you honoured by turning up.

They then move the goalposts and expect you to do the same. As above, ^^^ tell them to come and collect it.

Out of interest, I had my old E350 serviced at MB Temple Fortune, and I checked to see if they had updated the Maps the next day, and they hadn't. I was well peeved. So I phoned them up, ready for a fight, and the service manager couldn't apologise enough so he came round the next morning and picked it up and drove it straight to MB where they did the update, and drove it straight back. I was following him using the M Me app!

Now, with this one, the maps do themselves anyway.

So, my Eclass was booked in today for the Recall " Inadvertent Driver Airbag Deployment "

It say, allow one hour for this Recall.
It took One and a half.
After which I was told, we done half of it and we need to order parts and call your car back to fit this second part!

I kind of find this a bit strange, why was my car booked in when all the parts are not available and why would you then do half a job?

Anyone else had this problem?

Pete
Incompetence basically.

Apparently there is another part, I think they said it was a relay that is sited under the bonnet that relates to the airbag control. The recall I believe is put right by removal of the steering wheel and replacing an earth connection and spring :dk: . When mine was done I was told a part had to be ordered in, maybe yours needs this extra piece too. Who knows?

Out of interest, I had my old E350 serviced at MB Temple Fortune, and I checked to see if they had updated the Maps the next day, and they hadn't. I was well peeved. So I phoned them up, ready for a fight, and the service manager couldn't apologise enough so he came round the next morning and picked it up and drove it straight to MB where they did the update, and drove it straight back. I was following him using the M Me app!

Now, with this one, the maps do themselves anyway.

I didn't get quite the same response with my C350e - must be a class thing :) Took me a great deal of time and effort to get the maps updated.

They hate updating the maps as it takes so long, and sometimes fails. On the new ones though, the maps are updated over the 4G SIM, and I've only had the car 4 weeks and the maps have updated twice. When I got the car, on the A505, the Shell station changed to a BP, and I was peeved that it still showed as Shell on the map, especially as the car was so new! The next week I drove past it, the map had been updated and the BP icon was shown.

I was dead impressed! :p

That's interesting, thanks Peter103.
Last year a deer runout in front of the car and damaged the bonnet etc. All repairs were undertaken by MB and the car was returned looking like new. So, just maybe you might have hit on something.
None of the airbags were activated as the deer only did slight damage to a small part of the nearside bonnet. I did express my feelings to the MB engineer regarding the non deployed airbags as looking at the damage I would expected them to have gone off. As I say, the damage to the bonnet was slight but the deer smashed the nearside headlights, front grill and the wing was also part crumpled.

As a point of further interest, we are in the rutting season and it is at this time of year when deer related accidents are at there highest..drive safe especially at dusk!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom