Recall or service issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asinrutee

Car
C Class Coupe
I had a call from my main dealer today, 'Sir there is a service issue with your car we need to book it in to change the coolant hose connectors' Ah I said you mean there is a recall, is it safety related or can it wait till the service which is due in a couple of months. No sir it's not a recall it's a service issue, we need to get it booked in. So when is a recall a service issue, or when is a service issue a recall. I guess they don't want to say it's a recall if they can get away with calling it a service issue.

A recall is mandatory for all affected vehicles and is registered with VOSA as it is a safety item.

I had a call from my main dealer today, 'Sir there is a service issue with your car we need to book it in to change the coolant hose connectors' Ah I said you mean there is a recall, is it safety related or can it wait till the service which is due in a couple of months. No sir it's not a recall it's a service issue, we need to get it booked in. So when is a recall a service issue, or when is a service issue a recall. I guess they don't want to say it's a recall if they can get away with calling it a service issue.
Annoying but it needs doing & won't cost you!

A recall is mandatory for all affected vehicles and is registered with VOSA as it is a safety item

I work for a transport company and look after vehicle servicing etc, We get recalls from manufacturers that are safety related and must be done ASAP, we also get advisory recalls that are not an immediate safety issue but need to be done within a specified time frame, I guess mine is what I would class as an advisory, but I am sure you are right and that safety recalls are registered with VOSA. it was just the 'service issue' phrase that I found amusing

Service issues are easy money for dealers and brownie points for the franchise for getting as many done as possible asap.

Just to update this thread. I have just received a letter from MB UK:
"URGENT - SAFETY RECALL" - REPLACE CHARGE AIR HOSE
Mine is a C Class Coupe 250 CDI purchased new in August 2011.
The re-call is do with the charge air hose which could have cracks appear and may lead to the engine switching to limp mode or in extreme cases the engine cutting out altogether.
Letter asks to contact dealer to get checked and replaced FOC if required. Code quoted in the letter is SRPC1301 but although MB say it is being monitored by VOSA, it does not yet appear to be on the VOSA website.
Will call my dealer tomorrow.
Just a heads up -not sure if it is limited to C Class, diesel?
Steve B.

Just to update this thread. I have just received a letter from MB UK:
"URGENT - SAFETY RECALL" - REPLACE CHARGE AIR HOSE
Mine is a C Class Coupe 250 CDI purchased new in August 2011.
The re-call is do with the charge air hose which could have cracks appear and may lead to the engine switching to limp mode or in extreme cases the engine cutting out altogether.
Letter asks to contact dealer to get checked and replaced FOC if required. Code quoted in the letter is SRPC1301 but although MB say it is being monitored by VOSA, it does not yet appear to be on the VOSA website.
Will call my dealer tomorrow.
Just a heads up -not sure if it is limited to C Class, diesel?
Steve B.
I received the same URGENT SAFETY RECALL letter from M-B today. Called local dealer, booked in Monday 4th.

Visited dealer today. They changed the turbo charge air hose, also checked engine compartment wiring loom routing and checked for fault codes on star (no faults).

Visited dealer today. They changed the turbo charge air hose, also checked engine compartment wiring loom routing and checked for fault codes on star (no faults).
Mine is booked in for Friday. Dealer collecting and delivering so not too concerned as to how long it will take.

Hi Guys

Just a quick one, could this fault have led to issues with my intercooler?

I had to have mine replaced a year after I had the car, and they blamed a stone chip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom