Recaro C's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Already reached a pretty penny these...

Wonder what they will acheive in the end...

10 years ago you could pick up a nice pair for £500.
Back then I thought to myself, what a rip off...

Not Mercedes I know but I had a couple of Recaros stolen from my Landy (OEM Seats) - £4000 EACH to replace.

Always had mixed feelings about those seats but they were very cool in the 80's for some cars. I'd much prefer the same seats or similar but totally manual operation. Or these seats with the standard Merc adjustment switch on the door trim. Still, I understand the appeal and thus bids so far, just not for me.

I have to say, I always thought that a Recaro LS was the mutts nuts, but going from a Classic C/Ideal C back to an LS shows why these seats were so expensive back in the day! They really are the best! Although they weigh an absolute ton!

I have to say, I always thought that a Recaro LS was the mutts nuts, but going from a Classic C/Ideal C back to an LS shows why these seats were so expensive back in the day! They really are the best! Although they weigh an absolute ton!

Yet lighter weight then the stock Merc power seat ;)
AMG in the USA listed the Recaro option as $10K in the 80's !!!

Ed A.

10k back them, Ed? Somewhere around the six grand mark in sterling. And the funny thing is I recall seeing a new or almost new Golf GTi with them at the time!!! Fcuk me pink!

The seller is a member here

10k back them, Ed? Somewhere around the six grand mark in sterling. And the funny thing is I recall seeing a new or almost new Golf GTi with them at the time!!! Fcuk me pink!

AMG dealers in the USA sold them outright for $2500 each and if you wanted them installed the cost almost doubled :eek:

Ah, I see. So, if they were sold from Recaro retail agent it's very possible the U.S. retail would be less than 2k each. That would make a lot more sense, if still very pricey.

Am, I correct in thinking that that these seats have a manual fore & aft adjustment?

Yet lighter weight then the stock Merc power seat ;)
AMG in the USA listed the Recaro option as $10K in the 80's !!!

Ed A.

I spec'd Recaro's in a Capri :) in the late 70's. I've no idea now what the cost was but it must have been pretty nominal - like £100 or so. Still fondly remember them!

I read that having the interior of Audi RS models stolen is pretty common and they undo the Recaro seats and remove them without opening the doors which is quite impressive. I'm sure the article was talking about £20K to replace.

Had Recaros in my 1982 Astra.

Had Recaros in my 1997 Omega.

Great seats.

Recaro seem to make seats for Airbus these days (and for the Astroid rover vehicle in Armageddon :D )

I spec'd Recaro's in a Capri :) in the late 70's. I've no idea now what the cost was but it must have been pretty nominal - like £100 or so. Still fondly remember them!

I read that having the interior of Audi RS models stolen is pretty common and they undo the Recaro seats and remove them without opening the doors which is quite impressive. I'm sure the article was talking about £20K to replace.

They varied dramatically in price according to model.

The basic ones where reasonably priced, but the full-electric ones with memory function did cost an arm and a leg.

lovely seats went up quick on ebay some is eager for them

...Recaro seem to make seats for Airbus these days...

fp1e86.jpg

:thumb:

I had factory fitted electric Recaros in my 1990 16v GTI. Blue cloth which had a really cool design running through them. Loved them!

Not LS's though but similar (In mine) ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom