recaro csi's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nick.ged

Car
mutty the nail; wide body amg 124 coupe
i just got a set of recaro csi's and am thinking of putting them in the rear of the widebody...

any one had any dealings with the posh 126 models that had rear recaros? if so did they slide back and forth? like on a subframe etc.

any photos would be good as well.

They can work either way, fixed or variable position. The latter is better as the split seat set up had a multitude of fittings on the sides and centres to cover up gaps created by the split seats when adjusted out of normal position. These fittings/finishing trims will help cover gaps created by the Recaros which are narrower than the stock seats at the heights and bases.

There will be some work involved in finishing trims but the rest should be straightforward. The job will be easier if you find the variable split seat set up framework from an SEL with this option.

talbir

i am thinking of putting them in the back of the 124 widebody, i wonder if, supposing i could find such things, the 126 'filler' pieces would fit? i doubt i will ever be able to find these parts avalible to buy, but if i could locate a 126 with this option to have a good look at... mabe i could make something to do a simerlar job?

am also not sure if i should put the std c's that i have in the front in the back and the csi's in the front, or...

has nevil got such a car in his collection, i am going to london in the next few weeks, he wanted to look at mine, mabe he could show me his?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom