Recaro seats in a35

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V8andTurbos

Car
MK5 Golf GTI + C63 AMG
Warranty exp next month. Found a set of manual recaros from prev gen a45. I have a 2019 a35 amg. Manual (heated) seats. Are prev gen recaros a straight swap? Do they need to be coded & Will there be any issues with the seat heating?

You could do it but I know someone who tried and they got all sorts of airbag lights showing up

thought it would be fairly straightforward considering the euro spec 35’s come spec’d with recaros etc… oh well

If you are not afraid having to potentially reset the airbag light you can always just disconnect your electric seats and see what happens - simulating manual seats ... I never done it so I wouldn't know what alerts potentially pop up - but that's one way to test the idea without actually buying seats. I am sure there is a way to bypass it somehow - at least there are plenty of videos out there (just did a quick google) about it - most are different cars though.

Throwing lots of caveats at you but bottom line is - unplugging seats is cheapest test (until you need STAR lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom