Received Build Date - C250 CDi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rayza

Car
2012 C250 CDi Sport Saloon (On order W205 C250)
Just wanted to share the news that dealer has advised build date for my car is 29th March and will be ready to pick up 15th April. Not too long to go even though I hate waiting (guess most do).

I presume this date is an ever moving date and can pull or push?

Details of car ordered are below;

C250 cdi sport saloon

- Solid Black Paint
- Cappucino Leather (ideally would have liked a red colour like the coupe as wanted to brighten up the cabin. Only choice was biege or capp, so I went for capp.)
- Heated Seats
- Auto 7g
- Command
- Harmon Kardon
- Split folding rear seats

Riz

Good to hear you have build and delivery dates Rayza.

Have I intrepreted an earlier post of yours correctly in that you ordered your car in February? If so I'm even greener with envy :D. I ordered my C350 saloon way back at the end of last November and I'm still waiting to hear a date of any kind :wallbash:. I can only assume that your dealer had one "reserved" with a similar spec and so were able to get yours in by changing a few minor things. My dealer assured me when I placed my order that they could easily change to my spec the one that they had lined up for mid Feb delivery. But of course fact and fiction rarely have anything in common when spouting from salesmen's mouths! :(

J...dealer has advised build date for my car is 29th March and will be ready to pick up 15th April.

I presume this date is an ever moving date and can pull or push?
My experience is that once you're given a build date (as opposed to a projected build decade) then it will either happen then or a couple of days sooner.

Just had a call from the dealer - now have a build date of 21st March with collection scheduled for 2nd April :thumb: Salesman said it could happen a couple of days earlier!

Time to put my CLK up for sale.

Sounds good! From memory, the build date I was given originally was indeed a bit flexible and essentially an ETA. Now it sounds like your dealer has a date of arrival in UK for PDI etc so your date should be firming up nicely.

Awaiting delivery of my E 250cdi coupe. Originally date for arrival 28th March but just heard it now willarrive on 23rd March. So yours may well be early! Good luck.

*** said:
Cappachino sounds nice

Thanks. It is a little risky especially with the kids. But wanted to brighten up the cabin.

knighterrant said:
Good to hear you have build and delivery dates Rayza.

Have I intrepreted an earlier post of yours correctly in that you ordered your car in February? If so I'm even greener with envy :D. I ordered my C350 saloon way back at the end of last November and I'm still waiting to hear a date of any kind :wallbash:. I can only assume that your dealer had one "reserved" with a similar spec and so were able to get yours in by changing a few minor things. My dealer assured me when I placed my order that they could easily change to my spec the one that they had lined up for mid Feb delivery. But of course fact and fiction rarely have anything in common when spouting from salesmen's mouths! :(

I really feel for you. I thought my wait was/ is long enough! I will think again. You are correct, I ordered mine on 13th Feb. Dealer rang me to say he secured a car for end of April from someone else (presume a dealer??) and that it was spec changeable until end if Feb. Glad he was telling the truth.

Hope you get some good news soon.

knighterrant said:
Just had a call from the dealer - now have a build date of 21st March with collection scheduled for 2nd April :thumb: Salesman said it could happen a couple of days earlier!

Time to put my CLK up for sale.

That is great news!!!!! Not long at all.

Update: Car is built and is leaving the factory tomorrow, the system is showing that it will be at dealers on the 11th April. Seems like a long time to deliver (or me being impatient :))

I guess they have a delay in the system due to Easter holiday but 2 weeks does sound like there is a lot of padding in there.

Thanks. It is a little risky especially with the kids. But wanted to brighten up the cabin.

Nah, as long as it is decaff they'll be fine... it's when they graduate from Fruit Shoots to espresso that you need to watch out

Enjoy the new car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom