Received invalid "OEM matched" part for aux water pump - R230

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

conor1n

Car
E350 S212 M272 3.5 // SL 500 R230 M113 5.0
Hey guys,

Quick one before I return the item. I bought the following Vemo pump online but the connector is different.

It seems like all the sites match on this same pump for my car- am I missing something, or do I need to pay 3 times as much for the OE part.

In the latter photos you will see the connectors on the currently (leaking) installed one in car.

Please ignore Ridex logo on image. It's the same connector type:

(Or perhaps it's a crimp + heat shrink job?)

12746923_33.jpg
vemo-fit-2.jpegvemo-fit-1.jpeg

Crazyl, I can't find the pump with my fitting anywhere, online.

Closest the "looks the same" is the SL 600 from the same era. What is it with this part matching business? Why is this wrong?

Is this one of the main reasons people just buy OEM?

Best to just ask the dealer or post your VIN, many folks on here will give you the part number.

Oh sorry.. I have the number via EPC, which is: A2308350264

But when I google it all that comes up is old/pre-owned pumps. I can't find that part on any online stores.

I can buy it new for a couple hundred, but was hoping to find aftermarket as it's only a trivial part and not vital.

Closest the "looks the same" is the SL 600 from the same era. What is it with this part matching business? Why is this wrong?

Is this one of the main reasons people just buy OEM?

It's one of the things with many of the generic parts sellers, lots of times you will get the wrong part.
They can be as cheap as they like but if it's a different part it makes no difference. ;)

It may be part A0005000386. Deleted

Try A2308350364

Last edited:
Hi @pmcgsmurf thanks for this..

The part I got from WIS based on my VIN was A2308350264 which is only slightly different to yours.. although your could be good.

Where did you get that number from?

I was browsing around before and saw that the pump listed for R230 SL 600 looked similar.

Looks like the pump is right .But wrong conecter on the loom . There must be a change along the line .Take a picture of the male conector on the pump that fits in to the female one in your hand .Take the pump off and show more of it in a picture .

Hi @pmcgsmurf thanks for this..

The part I got from WIS based on my VIN was A2308350264 which is only slightly different to yours.. although your could be good.

When you say "got from WIS", what do you mean?
It is Xentry/Webparts for looking parts up.

Where did you get that number from?

Looked it up on Xentry, from memory I think the part you listed had been superceded.

As mentioned, best to just post your VIN, a lot easier that way.

Why don't we have a request part number sticky with first line post your reg. or VIN? @KillerHERTZ

Hi guys,

Great responses so far, thanks. My bad, I keep forgetting to post the VIN, which is WDB2304752F073571.

I got the part number from EPC/WIS software that I installed from the web.

According to my EPC diagram/listing I get that part number with no mention of succession.

Also, it has the following notes:

1601300304285.png

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1601299976683.png
    1601299976683.png
    1,012 bytes · Views: 0
I think next step is likely to be to extract pump and just join the two pumps while I figure it out.

Any advice on size of tube/copper that I should get to stub out the pump?

Hi guys,

Great responses so far, thanks. My bad, I keep forgetting to post the VIN, which is WDB2304752F073571.

I got the part number from EPC/WIS software that I installed from the web.

According to my EPC diagram/listing I get that part number with no mention of succession.

With your VIN it lists only A2308350264 as the correct part. There is an 03 part but does not show with your VIN.

It's bonkers, I have no idea what's going on.

I asked somebody before they said if you didn't buy the car new from dealer.. it is highly likely that somebody just bodged a part in prior to my ownership..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom