Recent purchase - C43

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c280turbo

Car
1999 C43
Having had a few c280 sports over the last few years in various forms (n/a and skyline powered most recently) I fancied a c43, now currently i think these cars are way undervalued are will increase in value over e next 5-10years.

I found a few but speaking to the owners I gathered they had something to hide or weren't being 100% honest.

Mileage isn't mush to be id rather have a car with 160k miles on that has been maintained regardless of cost rather than a car with 90k miles and sits on arrow speed tyres (this indicates to me rightly or wrongly the maintenance history of the car)

Having looked at various cars I wanted a silver one, having looked at a few and not been happy with any I called a guy at performance legends who had a c43 he took in part exchange for an old imported 500sl.

It was 1999 car with black leather it had 130k miles with extensive history and obviously had been well looked after, fitted withcontinental contact 3's all round instantly I was happy, having taken the car for a drive it had a few issues that needed sorting but nothing major. It helped me negotiate the price down to a level where I couldn't say no.

The drive back from Ormskirk was great the car is fantastic and I wondered why I never bought one sooner, the car is far from perfect but it's solid and has been maintained regardless of cost.

I plan to refurb the suspension and brakes with some bilstein b8's and hr springs new brakes, and a full going over replacing any bushes pipes etc as I go.

It has had a different bonnet which has been painted poorly, but the car will get a re spray and any rust found will be treated.

I plan to enjoy and keep it tucked away in the garage when not in use

I have recently had it serviced by my brother who was a Merc apprentice and Merc technician for 8years and knows these well

We've changed the gearbox oil and filter to Fuchs 4134 fluid
Engine oil and filter change with some Mobil 1
New Bosch plugs from euro's
A new electric air con fan
A new viscous fan clutch
Brake fluid change

Great car, never stopped putting a smile on my face when I had one, you will always need the AMG fix from now on. :)

Lots of mods for the 202, 211 Blinking door mirrors, 18" Monoblocks etc etc. Numerous posts on hear :thumb:

Now my CL keeps me smiling.

I love my C43

It~s just such an exciting car, you will love it.

I love my c43 too, not sure which gives me the greater pleasure tho as I own an a124 series too and love that too.cant believe how well the condition of the seats lasts so long in a 43 , mine look brand new. But yes wot a car

Cheers guys, I'm looking forward to getting it home and cleaned up and start enjoying ownership

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom