Recent purchase thread

MissyD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E200 1993, CLK 350 2005
I've seen this on other forums and I think it's a great idea and a bit of fun. Post up things that you've recently bought, it sometimes gives people ideas or helps with their decision to purchase. It can be anything, doesn't have to be car related but obviously please follow the forum rules for content. Enjoy.

I'll start...

A few micro fibre cloths
20210219_122905.jpg

and the nice Snap-on man gave me this when I was at ACE Engineering this week

20210219_122936.jpg

Spider10

Car
c63 amg
Bought a new washing machine, conected it all up, wife was happy 😊 put 2st wash in (was fine) till it came to the spin and it decided to go for a walk around the kitchen, looking confused I thought this can't be right 🤔 I finally had a light bulb moment and forgot to take the shipping bolts out 😶 alsorted now

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
2.jpg

Essential when repairing small annoying fiddly thingies.

MCFastybloke

Car
W201,W210,W124 On my way to ?
Care packages galore,

Some oak handrail parts for a project
A Rivnut kit for a small automotive repair
And buns from my MIL:)

Petrol Pete

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon
Bought a new washing machine, conected it all up, wife was happy 😊 put 2st wash in (was fine) till it came to the spin and it decided to go for a walk around the kitchen, looking confused I thought this can't be right 🤔 I finally had a light bulb moment and forgot to take the shipping bolts out 😶 alsorted now
Ha ! shipping bolts ! I have also heard that some new machines come without the concrete blocks in them but instead have empty (cheaper to transport) polythene containers that have to be filled with water before running the machine . Or did I dream that ? or even invent it in my head and then put on line without a patent ? :doh:

Spider10

Car
c63 amg
Ha ! shipping bolts ! I have also heard that some new machines come without the concrete blocks in them but instead have empty (cheaper to transport) polythene containers that have to be filled with water before running the machine . Or did I dream that ? or even invent it in my head and then put on line without a patent ? :doh:
The 4 bolts in the back which keep the drum from moving hence it went for a walk,probably called something else

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 BlueEfficiency, NTG 4.5, AMG bits!
Yup - a lightbulb moment for somebody. I understand he had to lug a machine up some stairs and thought "what if the concrete block could be replaced" Brilliant simple idea!

Y15HAL

SUPPORTER
Car
R107 500SL, R129 SL500, W124 320CE, BMW 535i
New battery for the summer car, which drained down and wasn't holding charge anymore.

Currently sitting on trickle charge :)

Y15HAL

SUPPORTER
Car
R107 500SL, R129 SL500, W124 320CE, BMW 535i
View attachment 109159

Essential for messing with your Mercedes. Blue Spot Torx and E Torx set. £15.00 from eBay, 'lifetime' warranty and surprisingly better than the normal Chinese made from cheese stuff.

Are these any good?

I want a set of reasonably priced socket set just to keep in the car to remove a battery etc.

knighterrant

MB Enthusiast
Car
2012 C350 Sport with M276 engine
In the last week I’ve had to buy a new Honeywell motorised valve head for our central heating and a Manrose “silent” extractor fan for our en-suite. Both replacements needed because the electric motors had failed. Hasn’t filled me with confidence about the thought of going for an electric car!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom