Recent purchase thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I should have one of these arrive tomorrow

Infinity sub

I’m not really into ICE but I’ve got a decent ‘period correct’ Alpine HU and Infinity speaker system in the Alfa that the previous owner installed. He removed the sub when he sold it but all the connections are still there in the boot. It didn’t actually sound that great but at the weekend I realised he hadn’t even soldered the connections! So after spending a few hours with the wire strippers, soldering iron and some fettling it sounds fantastic! I also added a hidden bluetooth receiver and usb charger to semi-modernise it. Really quite chuffed so far as I’m not a fan of working with electrickery!

You're not alone in hating electrickery Chris, I've been bitten by a fully charged LR HD battery in the past, God did it hurt! You can't see or smell it (most of the time) but by the cringe can you feel it when it bites! Also figuring out what has happened when it goes TU - had one tonight, we have 3 phase here and I heard a clunk then moans from upstairs where herself was in her jacuzzi, Yellow phase had tripped, re-set it on the consumer unit but then had to re-set it on the supply to the jacuzzi in the airing cupboard, first time I've had to do that. Had funnies in the past when a G10 incandescent failed and tripped an earth leak breaker, no idea what caused this as only upstairs G10 incandescent is over the bath (on the power supply to the shower and jacuzzi), and once I'd re-set everything it was still on! Bloody electrickery!!

You're not alone in hating electrickery Chris, I've been bitten by a fully charged LR HD battery in the past, God did it hurt! You can't see or smell it (most of the time) but by the cringe can you feel it when it bites! Also figuring out what has happened when it goes TU - had one tonight, we have 3 phase here and I heard a clunk then moans from upstairs where herself was in her jacuzzi, Yellow phase had tripped, re-set it on the consumer unit but then had to re-set it on the supply to the jacuzzi in the airing cupboard, first time I've had to do that. Had funnies in the past when a G10 incandescent failed and tripped an earth leak breaker, no idea what caused this as only upstairs G10 incandescent is over the bath (on the power supply to the shower and jacuzzi), and once I'd re-set everything it was still on! Bloody electrickery!!
Not sure we need to know this....... ;):banana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom