Recent purchase thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I feel lockdown hobby No4 is emerging! I have started buying bits for my Alfa without really making a conscious decision to!

It's booked in for cambelt and MOT and i noticed it needed two new tyres even though they are almost unworn. Bit of a heads up - from the side they looked almost new but when i had the wheels off to do a brake fluid change i noticed there were quite deep cracks around the circumference, in the tyre groove - i guess just from age and sitting for most of it's life these days. They were Eagle F1 Assymetric 2 so shows how old they were as we're now up to Assymetric 5 which is what went on. I'll get the other two done shortly, though they were fine with no cracks.

Other purchases have included oil and filter, plugs, brake fluid, exhaust mount, foam headlight/bonnet seal things - and in apprehension of taking the sill covers off a bunch of Dinitrol products. I'm hoping a welder wouldn't have been a better option! GTV's seem to fall into 2 camps these days - rusty or not rusty! The rest of mine is in good shape so i'm hoping....

Tell us more - sounds intriguing/time saving!
I'd used it before and it works really well. I used a post-hole borer to make the holes, chuck in some gravel, plonk in the post, get it straight and squirt in the foam! It needs a bit of time to cure fully, but it holds the posts in place nicely, and once covered with soil, it lasts well.
I done it before with posts a good 6'+ tall and they're still doing an Elton!😉😂

I'd used it before and it works really well. I used a post-hole borer to make the holes, chuck in some gravel, plonk in the post, get it straight and squirt in the foam! It needs a bit of time to cure fully, but it holds the posts in place nicely, and once covered with soil, it lasts well.
I done it before with posts a good 6'+ tall and they're still doing an Elton!😉😂
I like it!

Can hear @Happytalk73 foaming at the mouth from here!

A set of bedroom furniture with delivery on the 26th July. I'm not actually ready for it yet as I've only just had the bedroom plasteremd ceiling to do and paint all the wood work then carpet . I just hope I can get on with it over weekends 🙏

Hmmm. That is a first for me:D
I normally use a bag of Postcrete but I'm open to new ideas.
I just can't see a post and 5ft fence panel standing up to gale force winds with expanding foam.
Well, these won't be hold fence panels!😁

Today's spending was on a car full of plants. Also, expanding foam to fix some posts into the ground!😁
We use expanding foam at the wellsite (Oil and gas exploration) and inject in the annulus between a core sample and the tubular liner it sits in. It pushes out the drilling mud, stabilises the core and prevents structural damage as it's transported to our labs. Our foam recipe cures a little soft though to provide some shock absorption. So wouldn't be so good for your application. Bit of trivia!

I remember when one of our wellsite engineers left - his "colleagues" filled his car up (MX-5) with the wellsite foam - they injected it into bin liners, but he still had to excavate his way in! Oh how we laughed!

We use expanding foam at the wellsite (Oil and gas exploration) and inject in the annulus between a core sample and the tubular liner it sits in. It pushes out the drilling mud, stabilises the core and prevents structural damage as it's transported to our labs. Our foam recipe cures a little soft though to provide some shock absorption. So wouldn't be so good for your application. Bit of trivia!

I remember when one of our wellsite engineers left - his "colleagues" filled his car up (MX-5) with the wellsite foam - they injected it into bin liners, but he still had to excavate his way in! Oh how we laughed!
I couldn't get past annulus!😉🤣

Mrs Swotty has absolutely no interest in our garden, so I understand! :)
Exept for drinking wine or Gin in it? 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom