Recent purchase thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
At the moment development work on a new revision of a portable medical test analyser for virus testing for a large UK medical company.

Last week it was work on access control systems for a bank.

This weekend the grandson wants me to fix his remote control car. :)
This is as far as my skills get to ($20 kit) ......I was learning quite well and then purchased a 3d printer which completely distracted me...need to get back to the electronics.....
61X4F-s7UfL._SL1000_.jpg

At the moment development work on a new revision of a portable medical test analyser for virus testing for a large UK medical company.

Last week it was work on access control systems for a bank.

This weekend the grandson wants me to fix his remote control car. :)

Fascinating!

Not so much a purchase, more a repair. My Mantis 4-stroke tiller needed repairing, as it refused to start.
Ended-up having a new sparkplug and carburettor at a cost of £140!!!😲😲😲

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link. Does the 350 have a brolly holder in each door (removable for cleaning & drying)? Wondering if that brolly will fit.

Before lockdown, I managed to get one of those tailor made 'behind seat' bags for (IIRC) £55-00 . Now need the oppo to use it.
Yes, my SL350 does have brolly holders in each of the doors. These pics shows the brollies (bought from the link) stored in these holders:

IMG_20210427_163535.jpgIMG_20210427_163447.jpg

Rotary Clothes line :oops:

I've never seen that before. An on an SL......are the engineers nervous about the roof failing to raise itself?
It's a more common feature than you would think. Even Rolls Royce have them (although the brolly option does cost around £500) ;)

Rolls-Royce-umbrella.jpg

Superb post Mikey. 😁
I'll stick my head above the parapet and admit to being a bit of a closet Škoda fan; possibly the best car I ever owned was a 2000 Octavia 1.9 TDi Elegance which I bought as an ex-demo and ran for 100,000 miles, during which time the only thing it needed over the standard service items was front and rear pads, front discs and a brake light switch. It was utterly reliable, comfortable, reasonably swift, economical and according to the DVLA MOT checker, went on to do another 80,000 miles after I sold it.
It however didn't have the umbrellas in the doors.

I'll stick my head above the parapet and admit to being a bit of a closet Škoda fan; possibly the best car I ever owned was a 2000 Octavia 1.9 TDi Elegance which I bought as an ex-demo and ran for 100,000 miles, during which time the only thing it needed over the standard service items was front and rear pads, front discs and a brake light switch. It was utterly reliable, comfortable, reasonably swift, economical and according to the DVLA MOT checker, went on to do another 80,000 miles after I sold it.
It however didn't have the umbrellas in the doors.
My Superb comment was in reference to the Skoda Superb. Kinda a (sh!te) play on words. 🙄

😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom