Recent purchase thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A moment ago I bought a replenishment kit for my Roomba robot vacuum cleaner, which includes replacement brushes and filters. Living the dream.

Are these any good?

I want a set of reasonably priced socket set just to keep in the car to remove a battery etc.
Early days but no problems with them yet; dunno how the smaller size bits would cope with high-torque applications but that can be said for any Torx bit that is the 'budget' side of Facom , Teng or Snap-on

Ordered this gadget:

The fruits of another lockdown browsing - a mini-ratchet that doubles as a screwdriver.

Arriving today...... I'm sure I'll find some for it 🤔
For exactly the same money, I’ve just ordered this:

Having just had plastic surgery to remove three carcinomas from my forehead and one from an ear, it’s a bit like shutting the stable door too late. But on the other it’s better late than never.

For exactly the same money, I’ve just ordered this:

Having just had plastic surgery to remove three carcinomas from my forehead and one from an ear, it’s a bit like shutting the stable door too late. But on the other it’s better late than never.

Cool hat!

Best of luck with the rest..... fingers crossed.

In the last week I’ve had to buy a new Honeywell motorised valve head for our central heating and a Manrose “silent” extractor fan for our en-suite. Both replacements needed because the electric motors had failed. Hasn’t filled me with confidence about the thought of going for an electric car!
possibly a bit late but did you realise that the motor in a motorised valve can be replaced rather than the whole head

I've bought a lot of stuff recently as everything keeps running out - printer toner, car cleaning stuff, house cleaning stuff etc. but finally relented and bought another pair of Adidas for the spring/summer.

I now have about 7 pairs which SWMBO finds rather annoying :banana:

Attachments

• adidas-gazelle-trainers-grey-black-p13270-75159_medium.jpg
    adidas-gazelle-trainers-grey-black-p13270-75159_medium.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 6
Ordered this gadget:

The fruits of another lockdown browsing - a mini-ratchet that doubles as a screwdriver.

Arriving today...... I'm sure I'll find some for it 🤔

It arrived... nifty little tool... would have loved to keep it... but sadly it went back.

Crappy QC :(

P.jpg

It arrived... nifty little tool... would have loved to keep it... but sadly it went back.

Crappy QC :(

P.jpg
Well that's a downer: I looked at that after your 1st post and thought " That'd be quite handy"

Swingarm and headstock bearings for the enduro bike

Well that's a downer: I looked at that after your 1st post and thought " That'd be quite handy"

It looks like the electroplating is chipped... setting aside the obvious QC issue, I wasn't expecting the wrench to be thinly electroplated? £9.99 for a single small tool, you would expect better quality. Not good, Sabrecut.......

After searching through many retailers last week i purchased a new exhaust system (Akrapovic) for one of the older bikes , was assured buy the shop it was the correct one , paid the money and eagerly awaited the delivery to my work today. Security guard dropped it into the office and excitedly opened the package to find they had sent the one for a different bike and my original purchase was not available , anywhere in the UK as it was discounted many moons ago.

Options now are a Hindle from Canada or an Arata from Japan , both with prohibitive postage / import / VAT charges.

Rant over - K

Last edited:
After searching through many retailers last week i purchased a new exhaust system (Akrapovic) for one of the older bikes , was assured buy the shop it was the correct one , paid the money and eagerly awaited the delivery to my work today. Security guard dropped it into the office and excitedly opened the package to find they had sent the one for a different bike and my original purchase was not available , anywhere in the UK as it was discounted many moons ago.

Options now are a Hindle from Canada or an Arata from Japan , both with prohibitive postage / import / VAT charges.

Rant over - K

:(

I bought two Tissot Rally watch straps for my dad, new old stock from 1960/70’s. In 1966 when he was 21 he bought a Breitling Navitimer but changed the strap for a Tissot. Very much of its time - solid stainless with Rally holes like those glasses Elvis used to wear. Long story short his original strap broke about 15 years ago and he was making do with a modern equivalent. He was absolutely over the moon, he never thought he would ever get an original replacement!

Very neat , I've accumulated so many small socket & bit and drill bit sets over the years that I could open a shop , always tempted to get another one.

I am lagging behind you then... this will be only my 5th set.

I'm dyslexic.

I've just bought a gearbox off ebay but it doesn't work.

It was for sale with no reverse.
Back in the 90's a dyslexic mate of mine on a get rich quick scheme decided to open up a brothel, proper pi$$ed off when he realised he had bought an overpriced disused warehouse.

possibly a bit late but did you realise that the motor in a motorised valve can be replaced rather than the whole head
Thank you. Yes I did know. With the awkward position and orientation of the valve it was a lot easier to replace the whole head unit than just the motor. It cost about £40 more but got our heating back on far quicker during last week’s bitterly cold snap. When I get round to it I’ll thoroughly inspect the mechanics of the old head unit and if all is OK I’ll invest £10 on a replacement motor and keep it as a spare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom