Recent purchase thread

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
In the last week I’ve had to buy a new Honeywell motorised valve head for our central heating and a Manrose “silent” extractor fan for our en-suite. Both replacements needed because the electric motors had failed. Hasn’t filled me with confidence about the thought of going for an electric car!

Oh but you bought something useful that you actually needed.... that's not within the rules of this thread then.

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
Ordered this more-conventional mini-set instead...:

bosch-hand-tool-kit-2826-tools-29.jpeg

Alas...... :( it wasn't mentioned to be. *sigh*

P0.jpg

P1.jpg

P2.jpg

Sent it back....

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
The cheap electroplating has already rusted through... and it wasn't even out of the box yet!

The mind boggles... these are not cheap items. £15 for a mini set (that can be ordered for $3 on Ali Express) from a reputable manufacturer - you'd expect a quality item. Not a thinly-electroplated one.... I guess I'll be looking for a Teng or Facom (or Bahco?) now.

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S205 C300
I've seen this on other forums and I think it's a great idea and a bit of fun. Post up things that you've recently bought, it sometimes gives people ideas or helps with their decision to purchase. It can be anything, doesn't have to be car related

I bought this ... thinking of getting a remap as it only seems to be putting out about 1 bhp

Capture.JPG

SpikyMikey

Car
S204 2013
I've spent a fortune on cars and changed countless wheels at home but never had the inclination to buy a torque wrench and proper socket, finally splashed out - well
£26 for the wrench and £10 for the socket. View attachment 109377
What's the torque wrench like? I could do with replacing my old Draper 'bending beam' wrench
The cheap electroplating has already rusted through... and it wasn't even out of the box yet!

The mind boggles... these are not cheap items. £15 for a mini set (that can be ordered for $3 on Ali Express) from a reputable manufacturer - you'd expect a quality item. Not a thinly-electroplated one.... I guess I'll be looking for a Teng or Facom (or Bahco?) now.
Wow that's really poor for Bosch.

ianw19

SUPPORTER
Car
W212
I bought a potting bench from B&M and just painted it sage green to match the greenhouse - which it doesn't!

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Is it restricted to 155 furlongs per fortnight?

ChrisHGTV

SUPPORTER
Car
E250 Avantgarde Estate, Alfa GTV V6, Vespa, Ducati, many bicycles...
I treated myself to a new watch strap recently. It’s the same Saffarino goatskin that Prada use. It’s actually a dark navy to match the hands. A relative bargain as it was only a tad more than the cost of a replacement original. 623C768F-DE6E-4C37-92F5-331BA959CC7D.jpeg

zipdip

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
s320
I bought this ... thinking of getting a remap as it only seems to be putting out about 1 bhp
Does it come in any other colour

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom