Recent purchase thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I bought the standard one (before they bought out the black version) and find it very patchy on my black car although, to be fair, that is the general consensus online. So I have an almost full bottle say on the shelf. Might try the black version in the new year and hope it's good.
After you polish it, You have to leave it for 24hr, to get full Pop, i'm impressed and i'm fussy.

Our local council bought 50 or 60 electric cars many months ago.

Have been parked up ever sice as they do not have any ability to charge said vehicles. :wallbash:
:wallbash:

Are you applying it properly? You only need a tiny amount. I believe the patchiness is caused by putting too much on. I usually spray it onto a damp applicator and not directly onto the car. Only problem is that on a white car it is difficult to see when removing the dry product.
Yes Rory, tried various ways and followed some you tube tips to avoid any problems. It is well known that it's not that good for black vehicles which is why they bought out a new formula dedicated for black cars.

After you polish it, You have to leave it for 24hr, to get full Pop, i'm impressed and i'm fussy.
Aren't you using the dedicated black version though? As mentioned, I've tried various ways to get it right but always patchy. Hopefully the black version is better!

No, but you have to send it back to the retailer four or five times a year to have mysterious electrical faults investigated.

There's also the joke about booking a 'Land Rover experience day' that turns out to be sitting on the hard shoulder of a motorway for 5 hours. Funnily enough Richard Hammond had this a couple of days ago:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There's also the joke about booking a 'Land Rover experience day' that turns out to be sitting on the hard shoulder of a motorway for 5 hours. Funnily enough Richard Hammond had this a couple of days ago:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

LOL :)

I noticed that he said his phone battery was going flat and that "the Discovery wouldn't charge it". Sounds electrical...... :)

I totally agree the disco 3 and 4 were shi-- not sure about the new 1 ,It was a choice between this,the lambo or the chiron and the disco looks the more real than the other's plus ive never done 1 before 😀

I've just ordered my Christmas present. Treated myself to a Pandora bracelet and a couple of charms, they're doing an offer (runs out tomorrow 12th) so thought why not :thumb:

I've just ordered my Christmas present. Treated myself to a Pandora bracelet and a couple of charms, they're doing an offer (runs out tomorrow 12th) so thought why not :thumb:

I've just bought Mrs Swotty a new pneumatic drill (hand-held, to go through the metre-thick walls of our barn).

Bet she'll be just as unappreciative as last year, as she hasn't yet used the new ride-on I bought her.

I simple "thank you" would have been nice.

A set of 7 Whitworth spanners....

...because I’m worth it..

Thanks to recommendations from the detailing forum I bought some of this. I gave all four wheels a deep clean yesterday (well as deep as you can without removing them*) and was hoping to apply it today. Trouble is it's very misty & damp out there so I might have to wait.

* might have to invest in a trolley jack next - I'd really like to be able to do the wheels properly. When I bought them off Woodythewise I was able to thoroughly wax them front to back with Poorboys. I'd like to treat the inners too.

c5-alloy-wheel-armour.jpg

New sledgehammer and grenade for splitting logs, living the dream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom