Recent purchase thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
New sledgehammer and grenade for splitting logs, living the dream.

Yep ... I've been cutting down trees and have a big pile of logs to saw up and split.

Yep ... I've been cutting down trees and have a big pile of logs to saw up and split.
I’d recommend a cheap grenade and at least 10lb long handle sledge.

It’s a good workout, my shoulders and chest haven’t felt like this since my surfing days!

... and several huge piles of smaller branches & foliage to dispose of. This is going to be an ongoing thing (we have a lot of trees) and we can make use of wood chippings, so my recent purchase was ...Capture.JPG

It arrived (in the dark) on the back of a truck that didn't even have a tail lift, so the driver, my step-son and I had to jointly manhandle it down using old doors and a pallet to improvise a ramp (it weighs 200 kg). Apparently they assume that anyone buying a chipper will own either a forklift or something with a front loader capable of lifting it off!

... and several huge piles of smaller branches & foliage to dispose of. This is going to be an ongoing thing (we have a lot of trees) and we can make use of wood chippings, so my recent purchase was ...View attachment 121916

It arrived (in the dark) on the back of a truck that didn't even have a tail lift, so the driver, my step-son and I had to jointly manhandle it down using old doors and a pallet to improvise a ramp (it weighs 200 kg). Apparently they assume that anyone buying a chipper will own either a forklift or something with a front loader capable of lifting it off!
Have you used it yet?
They are phenomenally loud😲

Dior Eau Sauvage parfum. Heavenly.

Have you used it yet?
They are phenomenally loud😲

Yes, did a full trailer load this morning. It didn't seem outrageously loud but it's a relatively small one (my tractor is only 24 bhp) and I did have ear defenders on much of the time :D (I was chainsawing while Mrs BTB and my step-son fed the chipper). We've cleared about 1/3 of the stuff that was piled up.

A 1:43 Schuco model of an S212 in Tanzanite Blue with Ivory seats popped into my feed. It even had the same 17's mine came on. Early Christmas present to me. That's a stock image, not mine.

That looks lovely (shame about the bent nearside roof rail on that one in the stock image!). I have a model R129 that matches my car (silver with black interior) but it's smaller than 1:43 and doesn't have the right wheels on :)

A 1:43 Schuco model of an S212 in Tanzanite Blue with Ivory seats popped into my feed. It even had the same 17's mine came on. Early Christmas present to me. That's a stock image, not mine.

View attachment 121921
My grandfather gave me a massive clockwork Schuco set in the 50s. Sadly we didn’t appreciate the quality of stuff back then & worse my brother sold it all for drugs (he was an early adopter) :).

Today I have ordered a completely bespoke outdoor half-cover for my car. Going to meet the tailor doing the work in a few weeks to measure it up, make-up the first-fit cover, and agree fixing points. He’ll then create the finished article. Really looking forward to it.

Despite the number of businesses who describe themselves on the Internet as being manufacturers of bespoke or tailor-made. car covers, you would be surprised how difficult it has been to find someone who can actually manufacturer a bespoke car cover!

I have found one though, and I cannot wait to see the results.
Not sure whether I ever updated following this purchase of a bespoke half-cover. I had to be at the factory at 0800 sharp on a Saturday morning - almost an hour from home - but it was absolutely worth the trip.

The tailor measured and templated the car, and allowed me to look around the factory as there was nobody else around. They were doing some fascinating projects for car manufacturers and racing teams.

Sure enough it arrived in the post a couple of days later. It’s a Christmas gift so I won’t have it for a few more days, and I plan to treat it to make sure it repels water and protected from UV.

Not sure whether I ever updated following this purchase of a bespoke half-cover. I had to be at the factory at 0800 sharp on a Saturday morning - almost an hour from home - but it was absolutely worth the trip.

The tailor measured and templated the car, and allowed me to look around the factory as there was nobody else around. They were doing some fascinating projects for car manufacturers and racing teams.

Sure enough it arrived in the post a couple of days later. It’s a Christmas gift so I won’t have it for a few more days, and I plan to treat it to make sure it repels water and protected from UV.
You'll need to post a picture.

Here's a picture I took. For something so small, the detailing is great.

e500 model.jpg

... and several huge piles of smaller branches & foliage to dispose of. This is going to be an ongoing thing (we have a lot of trees) and we can make use of wood chippings, so my recent purchase was ...View attachment 121916

So you know what your next purchase must be then!

So you know what your next purchase must be then!

Haha! Bit of a sore point actually as my tractor was ordered with a front loader ... the dealer got sent the wrong one (for the manual transmission version), and is still waiting for a replacement. Latest estimate was mid January.

Finally bit the bullet and got some black mirror covers for the C class , been umming and ahhing for a long time. A guy on Ebay was selling an "old stock" new drivers side cover in Obsidian black for £35 delivered , absolutely mint when it turned up in it's original box. Looked around ebay and got a new Gloss black passenger side cover for £64 delivered . Fitted them both fairly easily with a big thank you to KILLERHERTZ for the very informative video on Youtube, nice and easy does it.

My only post Christmas purchase so far is for my son, who has taken up proper wet shaving with a DE blade razor. So I bought him a styptic pencil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom