Recent purchase thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MissyD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E200 1993, E300 Coupe 2019
I've seen this on other forums and I think it's a great idea and a bit of fun. Post up things that you've recently bought, it sometimes gives people ideas or helps with their decision to purchase. It can be anything, doesn't have to be car related but obviously please follow the forum rules for content. Enjoy.

I'll start...

A few micro fibre cloths
20210219_122905.jpg

and the nice Snap-on man gave me this when I was at ACE Engineering this week

20210219_122936.jpg

Bought a new washing machine, conected it all up, wife was happy 😊 put 2st wash in (was fine) till it came to the spin and it decided to go for a walk around the kitchen, looking confused I thought this can't be right 🤔 I finally had a light bulb moment and forgot to take the shipping bolts out 😶 alsorted now

View attachment 109159

Essential for messing with your Mercedes. Blue Spot Torx and E Torx set. £15.00 from eBay, 'lifetime' warranty and surprisingly better than the normal Chinese made from cheese stuff.
Have an item number or link please?

2.jpg

Essential when repairing small annoying fiddly thingies.

Recently bought a blood pressure monitor, the joys of getting old! But,I guess getting old is better than the alternative........

Care packages galore,

Some oak handrail parts for a project
A Rivnut kit for a small automotive repair
And buns from my MIL:)

Bought a new washing machine, conected it all up, wife was happy 😊 put 2st wash in (was fine) till it came to the spin and it decided to go for a walk around the kitchen, looking confused I thought this can't be right 🤔 I finally had a light bulb moment and forgot to take the shipping bolts out 😶 alsorted now
Ha ! shipping bolts ! I have also heard that some new machines come without the concrete blocks in them but instead have empty (cheaper to transport) polythene containers that have to be filled with water before running the machine . Or did I dream that ? or even invent it in my head and then put on line without a patent ? :doh:

Ha ! shipping bolts ! I have also heard that some new machines come without the concrete blocks in them but instead have empty (cheaper to transport) polythene containers that have to be filled with water before running the machine . Or did I dream that ? or even invent it in my head and then put on line without a patent ? :doh:
The 4 bolts in the back which keep the drum from moving hence it went for a walk,probably called something else

Yup - a lightbulb moment for somebody. I understand he had to lug a machine up some stairs and thought "what if the concrete block could be replaced" Brilliant simple idea!

My fourth Polar monitor.

Attachments

• 20210211_115926.jpg
    20210211_115926.jpg
    790.3 KB · Views: 19
New battery for the summer car, which drained down and wasn't holding charge anymore.

Currently sitting on trickle charge :)

View attachment 109159

Essential for messing with your Mercedes. Blue Spot Torx and E Torx set. £15.00 from eBay, 'lifetime' warranty and surprisingly better than the normal Chinese made from cheese stuff.

Are these any good?

I want a set of reasonably priced socket set just to keep in the car to remove a battery etc.

In the last week I’ve had to buy a new Honeywell motorised valve head for our central heating and a Manrose “silent” extractor fan for our en-suite. Both replacements needed because the electric motors had failed. Hasn’t filled me with confidence about the thought of going for an electric car!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom