Recent purchase thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bought new shocks and springs all round for the taxi, might be able to keep my teeth in when I drive now.....

Bought new shocks and springs all round for the taxi, might be able to keep my teeth in when I drive now.....

Your teeth....? Spare a thought for your poor passengers at the back..... :D

...Wow that's really poor for Bosch.

These are the two 'mini' sets I am currently using:

20210223-233631.jpg

The one on the left is Facom (made in France) which I had for over 20 years now. The one on the right is made by Kamasa tools, which was originally a Swedish brand but I think is now made in China like the rest of them. Both are good, but the Facom in the nicer of the two. Anyhoo.... they are 'mini' but not as tiny as the the Sabrecut and Bosch that I bought and sent back. The search continues....

Your teeth....? Spare a thought for your poor passengers at the back..... :D
I would if I had any customers in these trying times......... 😭

I bought a potting bench from B&M and just painted it sage green to match the greenhouse - which it doesn't!
Just style it out, change that to:

I bought a potting bench from B&M and just painted it sage green to make a subtle contrast with the greenhouse.

😁

20210223-233631.jpg

The one on the left is Facom (made in France) which I had for over 20 years now. The one on the right is made by Kamasa tools, which was originally a Swedish brand but I think is now made in China like the rest of them. Both are good, but the Facom in the nicer of the two. Anyhoo.... they are 'mini' but not as tiny as the the Sabrecut and Bosch that I bought and sent back. The search continues....
Try Costco, I’ve a couple of their sets. I haven’t got this but it looks decent:

20210223-233631.jpg

My main big socket set is one The Present Mrs Mikey bought for me a few years back - Halfords Pro range as it was then (now called Advanced I believe). Has lasted really well given the general abuse it's been subjected to - including once inadvertently being left out in the rain with the case open. All plating still good 👍

Try Costco, I’ve a couple of their sets. I haven’t got this but it looks decent:

I have their Crescent branded tool set, and has done a great job over the years.

I'm on the look out for something small to keep in the car to carry out basic tasks if anyone can recommend something decent :)

Just ordered this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We'll see what I get..... 🤔

Tonight I’ve ordered a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S MO1 tyres for one of our MLs. They’ll be fitted at the weekend.

The current set of Pirelli Pzero tyres haven’t lasted as long as I had hoped so I thought it would be a good time to try an alternative brand, and the Pilot Sport 4 S seems to be the tyre to have right now.

Given the nature of these tyres, it’s really incredible that they’re even available in a size which is suitable for our ML. Lucky really, as it shares the same tyre size and rating with the SL 65 AMG.

A 15% discount took the sting out of the decision. A bit. Just. Maybe. 😁

Tonight I’ve ordered a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S MO1 tyres for one of our MLs. They’ll be fitted at the weekend.

The current set of Pirelli Pzero tyres haven’t lasted as long as I had hoped so I thought it would be a good time to try an alternative brand, and the Pilot Sport 4 S seems to be the tyre to have right now.

Given the nature of these tyres, it’s really incredible that they’re even available in a size which is suitable for our ML. Lucky really, as it shares the same tyre size and rating with the SL 65 AMG.

A 15% discount took the sting out of the decision. A bit. Just. Maybe. 😁
What's the thread depth on the PZeros?

If it's anything below 3mm, then your purchase is actually timely and useful and your post will be removed by admins as it contravenes the thread rules - to qualify, the purchase has to be something that you don't actually need...

For example, the 4 CrossClimate+ tyres with 15% discount that I've been eyeing for the Suzuki (£140 a corner)... the current factory-fitted ContiEcoContact 5s are still on 4mm....

What's the thread depth on the PZeros?

If it's anything below 3mm, then your purchase is actually timely and useful and your post will be removed by admins as it contravenes the thread rules - to qualify, the purchase has to be something that you don't actually need...

For example, the 4 CrossClimate+ tyres with 15% discount that I've been eyeing for the Suzuki (£140 a corner)... the current factory-fitted ContiEcoContact 5s are still on 4mm....
Believe me, you really don’t need these tyres on an old SUV 😁

Believe me, you really don’t need these tyres on an old SUV 😁

It's not that old... :(

2016, and has 4WD. But fitted with Eco summer tyres. It won't get far in the snow.... I need these tyres!

A new Close coupled WC and ordered a basin and ped for my return to work on monday,have been holding the sofa down since december 18th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom