Recent purchase thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A new Close coupled WC and ordered a basin and ped for my return to work on monday,have been holding the sofa down since december 18th.
Yes, keeping the furniture from floating around can be hard work:

mary-poppins-floating-tea-party.jpg

A pair of bar stools and a bar table for a garden house that we don't have.

Does that qualify on the basis that they're items we don't need, to fit in something else we neither need nor have?

Decided to blow some ££ on one of the bikes , this is winging its way from Kobe. Brand new full titanium race system , been looking for one for a while now but none were available in the UK . Already purchased the K+N`s and a full service kit now just looking for a Power Commander 5 to get the best from the mods.

Kenny

I bought 22m2 of travertine filled n honed tiles for our en-suite. Going to start the project on Monday.

Tiles were bought 6 years ago and been in storage at my lock up. Seeing as I’m just about to use them can this still be classed as a recent purchase via a loophole? 🤔

I bid on some sliding wardrobe doors (2 plain & 1 full mirror) and won them at £16! When we went to collect she showed a small crack that had appeared at the bottom of the mirror when being moved, but if I still wanted them, she wouldn't take any money!! Now installed with just the tidying to do. With the timber needed etc, well under £40... The crack lengthened across the bottom when I was moving the door myself, but fortuitously resembles a branch so simply going to apply some stencilled leaves and voila, personalised! Pic is from eBay, not as they are now

Love a bargain me...

Wardrobe.jpg

When we moved in here almost 14 years ago my first job was building 10ft of floor to ceiling fitted wardrobe for SWMBO in the 4th bedroom that we were changing to a dressing room for her. Used Spaceslide aluminium stuff for the interior rails etc, then some decent sliding gear via Isaac Lord for the doors, but could not find solid wood mirror doors for love nor money! So - as I have a "few" carpentry tools, I bought sheets of 18mm furniture grade pine and made them myself - 4 of them, just over 7ft tall, 2ft 9" wide, frames about 2 1/2 " the rest is 4mm mirror glass backed with 6mm ply which is screwed in so can be easily removed should the glass break. Chuffed to bits with them, had to make 2 more for my wardrobe a year later when we had our bedroom entrance re-modelled! Cost a bit more than your doors though!!

Huge bag of calci-worms! this is to replace the previous huge bag of calci-worms. Sort of shot myself in the foot putting these out for the birds as they devour them! Would feel a bit mean not keeping up the supply.

Just ordered this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We'll see what I get..... 🤔

It arrived! :banana:

(Warning: large pic)

Great quality, as you'd expect from Facom (and from the price), no rust :D, very solid (not thinly electroplated....). Also very clever design, and smaller that I thought - which is a good thing. So third time lucky - fantastic quality.

It does not say anywhere on the box where it's made, I assume it would be China and no longer France, not that it matters much but I'm curious to know.

Anyhoo... job done. Now, what I need is to fine a job that needs to be done.... to put the new rachet through its paces :thumb:

I’m liking that. Does the chainsaw attachment come with it?
Yes, everything you see apart from the chainsaw comes with it. I use a 16" Sthil saw.

I originally bought a MITOX version from Amazon but it had various bolts etc missing from the pack and although fairly well made the Portek version with the adjustable legs is better. Once finished with it folds up and takes up little space.

Yes, everything you see apart from the chainsaw comes with it. I use a 16" Sthil saw.

I originally bought a MITOX version from Amazon but it had various bolts etc missing from the pack and although fairly well made the Portek version with the adjustable legs is better. Once finished with it folds up and takes up little space.
Excellent.
I love Stihl stuff, I’m building up a little collection out in Skiathos.

Excellent.
I love Stihl stuff, I’m building up a little collection out in Skiathos.
If you have the need to cut up logs regularly then something like this is a much easier, faster and safer way to do it.

Found this:

"All current Facom torque wrenches are made in Italy or France and certified (COFRAC) in France"

Curiosity satisfied :)

Bottle of whisky, trouble is I don't like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom