Recent purchase thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As luck would have it one of the styles I’ve lost are now reduced, so I’ve just bought a pair. Hopefully Sod’s law will mean that the other pairs show up soon.

I’m still at a loss as to how I can lose four boxed pairs of new shoes. Two pairs in two styles. It’s got me scratching my head - I knew I shouldn’t have tidied up!
Sod’s law worked a treat. I found three of the four pairs of shoes yesterday. I had transferred them into one of those rigid plastic shoe store things with a sealed lid. Only three pairs would fit, so goodness knows where the fourth pair is!

I found them looking for my snow boots. They weren’t in my “always keep my snow boots here so I know where to find them when it snows” spot, but they were my there, or anywhere else! New pair fits a treat.

That looks like a good buy if they’re good quality. I’d be interested to hear how you get on with them.

We bought some traditional Le Crueset cookware some years ago, which look really lovely and feel fantastic but my wife said were much too heavy to use safely when full, and so sit unused. To be fair they are heavy even for me.

So during the last lockdown we ordered a new set of “modern” Le Crueset which look similar in style those in the link and despite the ahop telling us they were much lighter, they’re not and so they sit unused too!

More often than not she uses the much cheaper and much older ones we bought when we first moved in together! Despite trying to replace them twice they live on, laughing in the face of newcomers! 😁
Received the pans today,
Excellent quality and not too heavy I also purchased a set for my mother and she loves them already (my mum is only 4ft 8 small frame so weight would be an issue)

I’ve found Black Friday and Cyber Weekend poor this year. Little to no discounts on stuff that I’d like to buy. I’ve found a 20% discount on a wheel refurb from an outfit I’ve used before and who did a stunning job on a few sets of wheels before, so I purchased online today - I just need to confirm a date to drop off.

We had Alloygators fitted for for 5 years which did a great job of protecting the eye-wateringly expensive allloy wheels from light to medium impact damage - essential with the Pirelli PZeros as there was zero protection offered by the tyre’s sidewall. They leave a terrible mess behind on the Diamond cut face though 😳

Since we fitted Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tyres earlier this year we’ve lived with the marks on the face as you can’t see it from a few paces. The new tyres offer much better protection than the old ones so I’m not replacing the Alloygators this time - I hope it’s the right decision 😬

Received the pans today,
Excellent quality and not too heavy I also purchased a set for my mother and she loves them already (my mum is only 4ft 8 small frame so weight would be an issue)
Fantastic! Thank you for sharing 👌🏻

Just bought a couple more to add to the collection :eek:

Crumbs, that's a whole day's worth.

Mrs Swotty's mum, now sadly passed on, would consume a bottle on Xmas day before the meal was on the table. Even I couldn't keep up with her.

The veggies were quite overdone, though ... but who cared!

Enjoy!

..........impact damage - essential with the Pirelli PZeros as there was zero protection offered by the tyre’s sidewall...............
I’m surprised to read that. I have P Zeros and the rubber shoulder is quite big and offers a lot of protection. It must be massive on the Michelins. As you can see in the picture (of my filthy wheel) the rubber extends well beyond the rim.IMG_1448.JPG

I’m surprised to read that. I have P Zeros and the rubber shoulder is quite big and offers a lot of protection. It must be massive on the Michelins. As you can see in the picture (of my filthy wheel) the rubber extends well beyond the rim.View attachment 121290
Not all P ZERO are the same. The compounds, construction and other features vary not just by car manufacturer specification, but also by application, so an SUV tyre is different to a sports car tyre, even though they’re branded PZero.

On an SUV the shoulder usually sits square on the wheels so as well as not having a protection bar there is no real “bulge” to speak of from the tyre, which can leave the wheel even more exposed to picking up kerb and pothole damage.

Not all P ZERO are the same. The compounds, construction and other features vary not just by car manufacturer specification, but also by application, so an SUV tyre is different to a sports car tyre, even though they’re branded PZero.

On an SUV the shoulder usually sits square on the wheels so as well as not having a protection bar there is no real “bulge” to speak of from the tyre, which can leave the wheel even more exposed to picking up kerb and pothole damage.
I thought that might be the case.

That sounds yummy, can you let me know the recipe please
Here you go, it's one of Jane's :
Baileys Rocky Road! - Jane's Patisserie
If you can put up with her annoying overuse of exclamation marks (!!!!), there are some good recipes on her website. Just don't count the calories o_O

Just bought one of those LED work lights , the Nebo Big Larry 2 , someone was recommending them a while ago .
I know I’ve been buying too much when the DPD driver shouted good morning Sir as he passed and then beeped his horn when he went the other way :) (he wasn’t even delivering to me )

I inadvertently partook of Black Friday! Our Dualit kettle broke so i bought a fancy Smeg one to replace it. Then i managed to mend the Dualit one as i had a spare 5 mins so took it apart. Doh! It was just a leaky bit of silicon pipe not tripping it from boiling. I also put a hole in the elbow of my last presentable work sweater so ended up buying a couple of new ones and some shirts from Tyrwhitts. Actually quite a good saving - 2 merino sweaters and 4 shirts for just under £200 delivered.

Oh yes and a piston ring compressor for my little 150cc Villiers. To be honest i can't think i actually need it as you can easily squeeze the piston rings with your fingers, unless im missing something - but my dad always says use the right tool for the job!

And lastly - two packs of citric acid granules from B&Q. The clutch/transmission was seized on the vintage ride on mower im restoring (lucky i checked - ive no idea how it actually worked so only realised it was seized when i took it apart!). I looked at the various rust removal potions and realised a lot of them are citric acid based. So i soaked the planet wheels and ring gear wotnot in my own acid potion and a couple of days later with a bit of wire brushing you would not believe the difference. All rust completely gone! Now all nicely greased up and back together. Id feel quite smug if i hadn't wasted 150 notes on a new kettle i don't need!

I’ve been living the dream lately:
Small hooks for solar lights on the fence.
Cheap aftershave
G9 LED bulbs
Tent pegs
Chicken wire

And finally something for myself, a Vans T shirt.

Tidying the garden shed the other day I came across all the plastic hooks I used to use to hang the Xmas icicle lights off the guttering. That idea went out the window a few years ago as I can no longer handle getting the ladder up to the high guttering over the first floor of our house, now I just tie wrap or staple the cabling to the underside of the wood where the first floor slating meets the ground floor brickwork! I can reach that off a hop-up instead of trying to get about a 16ft ladder up against the wall of the house!!

Anyone have a use for a IIRC 400W 240 to 110 V transformer and a bag of plastic gutter hooks (our original gutter lights were bought Walmart in central Maine USA at $1 per pack in a post Xmas sale, the transformer cost me about £40!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom