Recent purchase thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My only post Christmas purchase so far is for my son, who has taken up proper wet shaving with a DE blade razor. So I bought him a styptic pencil.
Badger and Blade is a good resource/forum if he hasn’t found it yet. I go through phases of wet shaving with a DE, and when I’m in, I’m really in! I’ve found it almost becomes a hobby in itself.

My only post Christmas purchase so far is for my son, who has taken up proper wet shaving with a DE blade razor. So I bought him a styptic pencil.
Well hopefully he is not typical of his generation and won’t sue you because it stung when he used it. :p

I still have one (styptic pencil) that must be 50 years old.

Been meaning to ask at local chemist if a styptic pencil was still available, good to know they still are as I occasionally nick myself when I get the wet shave gear out instead of being lazy and using the electric!

I've bought myself a couple of Facelift dash's and a load of wiring for upcoming retro fits

Attachments

• IMG-20211229-WA0010.jpeg
    IMG-20211229-WA0010.jpeg
    914.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 20211125_104707.jpg
    20211125_104707.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
I've bought myself a couple of Facelift dash's and a load of wiring for upcoming retro fits
:eek: good luck with that, i hope you live near the fire station.

My most recent purchase was a sordid tale of shady internet dealings and the clandestine transfer of a 50 kg box between two Mercedes estates in a motorway services car park ...

OK, I bought a NIB 6 tonne log splitter from fellow Forum member @GordonTarling who very kindly brought it halfway to our house this morning :D

Capture.JPG

So sorry to see that someone has already stolen your wheels 😒
I had a lovely carbon Dolan that got stolen off a job last month. £1500 quids worth. ☹️

I bought this to build up as a TT bike but I’m now going to build it as a road bike. Not sure how it will ride 🤷🏻‍♂️

Planning to use the kayak out on the sea this year, not too far from the coastline, so just bought a Mcmurdo Fastfind PLB. it's one purchase I hope I'll NOT have to use.

I had a lovely carbon Dolan that got stolen off a job last month. £1500 quids worth. ☹️

I bought this to build up as a TT bike but I’m now going to build it as a road bike. Not sure how it will ride 🤷🏻‍♂️

Top tip ..... much better with a wheel at each end.

When I had my first C43 I only had one key and I locked it in the boot at Stanstead. I was on the way to my honeymoon in Provence. Lots of shag and hassle. And I paid MB a fortune for a second one when I got back.

When I had my first E500, my daughter dropped the only key in a swimming pool in our villa near Bordeaux. I bought a second one from ReplacementMercedesKeys.com when I got back. More shag and hassle on holiday but a much better experience when I got back.

Yesterday, my wife booked our first overseas holiday for two years in, oddly enough, the South of France. I only had one key...so I decided to get ahead of the game. ReplacementMercedesKeys don't do 212's with their mobile service in London so I started to Google the price of one from MB. Lo and behold I found Car Key Solutions in Finchley. A 15 minute drive, a 40 minute wait (so therefore lunch) and £196 later....

Merc Key.jpg

When I had my first C43 I only had one key and I locked it in the boot at Stanstead. I was on the way to my honeymoon in Provence. Lots of shag and hassle. And I paid MB a fortune for a second one when I got back.

When I had my first E500, my daughter dropped the only key in a swimming pool in our villa near Bordeaux. I bought a second one from ReplacementMercedesKeys.com when I got back. More shag and hassle on holiday but a much better experience when I got back.

Yesterday, my wife booked our first overseas holiday for two years in, oddly enough, the South of France. I only had one key...so I decided to get ahead of the game. ReplacementMercedesKeys don't do 212's with their mobile service in London so I started to Google the price of one from MB. Lo and behold I found Car Key Solutions in Finchley. A 15 minute drive, a 40 minute wait (so therefore lunch) and £196 later....

View attachment 125009
So have you decided in advance which one is going to get dropped down the loo or lost on the beach ? :p

So have you decided in advance which one is going to get dropped down the loo or lost on the beach ? :p

Actually, I'm 99% sure I threw one of my 211 keys in the bin along with a handful of rubbish.

I did that very thing with my house keys on Friday.

So the front runners are the pool, the beach or the bin.

Actually, I'm 99% sure I threw one of my 211 keys in the bin along with a handful of rubbish.

I did that very thing with my house keys on Friday.

So the front runners are the pool, the beach or the bin.
Give the keys to me if you really really want to dispose of them. At least you’ll know they’re safe and that you’ll be able to get them back without spending a few hundred pounds! 😁

Planning to use the kayak out on the sea this year, not too far from the coastline, so just bought a Mcmurdo Fastfind PLB. it's one purchase I hope I'll NOT have to use.
Better to have it and not need it.

We had a spot tracker for our trips to the outback when we lived there. We were bush camping in a remote area & decided to take a walk and actually got ourselves a little lost in the bush - guess what.... we never had the tracker with us - it was in the car. We were starting to get a little concerned when we heard a vehicle in the distance and knew which direction to walk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom