Recently Purchased Used 2014 E220 (W207) Coupe 32k Miles / SRS Warning Dealer Says Drive ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pmcgsmurf

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55 AMG W211, E250 Sport W212, (and some Imps)
Friend took delivery of a 2014 W207 E220 Coupe with 32k miles on Saturday from a Mercedes main dealer.

Almost immediately he noticed the SRS warning Front Right and Visit Workshop message.

Contacted Mercedes who said "do not drive, will have to be collected by a transporter".

Then the dealer got involved and the instruction changed to "keep driving, we will book in for inspection in 6 days".

I've told him I would not have driven it a foot further and would have insisted on it being collected.
To make matters worse when it goes for investigation they do not offer a courtesy car and have said it could be 30 minutes to 5 hours.

What would you folks do, I'm guessing park it up and wait for a low loader?

Is the car covered by warranty? Or is it a paid reapir?

Under the Approved Used scheme, he can exchange the car for another within 30 days from taking delivery.

Not that he should actually do this, but it's bargaining chip that will help get the dealer's undivided attention.

Cheers, he is more laid back than me.

He is going to take it in on Friday to get it fixed (or looked at).

I’d call merc assist, let them recover the car and provide him with a loan car in the meantime.

Agreed, MB Assist is well worth using.

It just shows there are still some trusting nice people around,when most of us have learned that you have to thump the table and glare when cars get faults,I must admit I would love to be a trusting and kindly fellow when dealing with garages,but those days are long past,your friend will learn,he should have taken your advise,keep us posted I fear this will get worse before it gets better.

I had problems with a CLK I bought back in 2008, seemed to me the warranty had a lot of escape clauses. Consider the MB warranty a free extra and may help but the real protection is the Sale Of Goods Act and don't take no for an answer.

Seems it does get worse before better.

He has been driving it this week and the brake light came on.
When he took the car in yesterday told it needs pads all round!

So much for an approved used car that should be checked by the dealer.

He also had a problem with a tyre when he picked it up and had to get that sorted too.

When I checked it's MOT history it failed on 5th September with tyre problems then passed on 13th with exactly the same mileage.

Does make you wonder what these dealers get up to.

Seems it does get worse before better.

He has been driving it this week and the brake light came on.
When he took the car in yesterday told it needs pads all round!

So much for an approved used car that should be checked by the dealer.

He also had a problem with a tyre when he picked it up and had to get that sorted too.

When I checked it's MOT history it failed on 5th September with tyre problems then passed on 13th with exactly the same mileage.

Does make you wonder what these dealers get up to.
Maybe they just renewed a tyre or two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom