Recently Upgraded COMAND 4.5 NTG - no slow to start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venomous

Car
C250 CDI AMG Sport Plus Coupe
Following a recent upgrade by MB Derby, my COMAND unit now exhibits the following behaviours:

- Slow to start - up to 3 mins before getting the COMAND start up screen
- Intermittent reboot
- No start up at all without stopping and switching engine off / on again

Anyone seen this before?

All advise appreciated.

Many Thanks

Brian

Sounds to me like a hard disk failure. Co-incidental or alternatively it was failing and of course an update has written loads of stuff to it in an area that was damaged

Cheers

Richard

So there was me thinking that my COMAND system had been upgraded...

Apparently it hasn't - because sometimes "the line goes down"...

Very unimpressed with MB Derby!

Car is now booked back in for 5th June.

So...

According to MB Derby, the upgrade has fixed the erratic symptoms that I described and the maps have been updated.

So...

According to MB Derby, the upgrade has fixed the erratic symptoms that I described and the maps have been updated.
What map version do you have now? As mine will be updated tomorrow I'm on v9 at the moment.

Not a clue alas, just advised I had the latest version - happy to check if pointed in the right direction.

Not a clue alas, just advised I had the latest version - happy to check if pointed in the right direction.
Hi, to see what Version you have switch on Comand press navi button or push the scroll to navi, press the scroll button down and a list will appear scroll down to bottom of the list to firmware version and press scroll button down. The current version should be V11 or V12 if the new version is out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom