Recharge battery.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evdok

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 330D xDRIVE M/SPORT INDIVIDUAL
Had battery about 2 years ago, i am now starting to get the 'convenience functions disabled' message, i use the car about 3 times a week but only for short journeys, is it the cold weather affecting this as well as not giving it a good run! i have a battery reconditioner which i haven't used yet, is it worth giving the battery a new lease of life? & is there a specific procedure for removing/fitting the battery?

Cheers chaps;)

you need to replace the Aux battery in the engine bay, it wont be your main battery

The message kept coming on before the new battery, but once i had a new battery the messages stopped. Is it coincidence with the weather? who knows! its never had a small battery, is it due?:dk:

I think you will need a CTEK 5.0 trickle charger,they are superb,just attach the leads to the battery and leave it on until you need to use the car,it goes through several stages to recondition the battery and then fully charge it,keeping it topped up when necessary.My SL350 starts first turn every time I need to go out.Go to Amazon to get it ,I paid £50.

The message kept coming on before the new battery, but once i had a new battery the messages stopped. Is it coincidence with the weather? who knows! its never had a small battery, is it due?:dk:

mine used to come up all the time, but since replacing the Aux battery its been fine.

Alps what DVB-TV have you got?

i retrofitted the MB one

I think you will need a CTEK 5.0 trickle charger,they are superb,just attach the leads to the battery and leave it on until you need to use the car,it goes through several stages to recondition the battery and then fully charge it,keeping it topped up when necessary.My SL350 starts first turn every time I need to go out.Go to Amazon to get it ,I paid £50.

Agree best £50 i've spent on the car, well worth it if you only do short journeys.

According to MB's tech info the Aux battery is simply a back-up for the main and does get used unless or until the main battery can't meet the demand.

"Tasks and function of the two batteries:

• The battery in the trunk supplies the on-board electrical system in normal operation.
• The additional battery is a short-time backup for the power supply in the event of the on-board system battery failing."

Welcome to the W211 E- Class!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom