Rechargeable Battery Exploded

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benzowner

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.6Diesel
Had my battery recharger charging a couple of AAA batteries when one of them explodes. It gave off a rather nasty acrid smell and essentially blew the cover off the battery. Never had this happen before, must have been a cheap battery. It was definitely a rechargeable battery, the green ones used in solar lights. I was only checking the charge state as one of my garden lights had failed, guess it was the battery :D

Poor quality and usually only around
300 mAh , I've used a few of them AA in small electricals and not surprisingly they don't last long .

Got some AA Panasonic rechargeable , 1900 mAh , night and day .

Don't mix batteries with other chargers with are not suitable for the specific batteries!

NiMH batteries should only be used with NiMH chargers.
If you mix equipment you can get a battery fire.

Reactions: 190
A battery used in a solar light, although looks like AA wont be able to recieve a charge like one from a charger. No wonder it exploded!

Don't mix batteries with other chargers with are not suitable for the specific batteries!

NiMH batteries should only be used with NiMH chargers.
If you mix equipment you can get a battery fire.

There was a tiny error in this sentence: Don't mix batteries with other chargers with are not suitable for the specific batteries!

It should have instead been which.
Sentence corrected: Don't mix batteries with other chargers which are not suitable for the specific batteries!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom