Recieved a gift from Mercedes-Benz USA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

golden1245

Car
1999 C230K Sport
I'm from across the pond, and not sure about you guys, but Mercedes Benz corporate has a facebook page dedicated to all their products and allows fans to post up their praise and grievances about the brand.

I posted up 3 rather well shot pictures of my family's Mercedes Benzs, and I got an email from the administrator thanking us so much for our loyalty over the years and that they were going to send us something really nice in the mail. That's literally what it said.

After a week or so, I got this rather cheaply made picture frame...it was a bit of an anti-climax, but it's ok, shows that they care. I was hoping to get a free service on one of our cars or something like that.

Anyways, I went out with the GLK and snapped a few pictures and slipped it in the frame.

7322233076_9592102ef4_c.jpg

haha yes, when they first got in touch with me, they left a comment on one of my photos. They said they wanted to talk to me about my family's cars...so I'm thinking, oh lord, they might want to put us in their magazine or do an interview with us. I got super excited. I told the page admin that I was a photographer and etc.

Then they said it was just "code talk" for them to send a gift to us. I guess since I said I was a photographer, they picked an item most closely related to my profession. Should have said I was a pro golfer...might have gotten a new golf bag hah!

haha yes, when they first got in touch with me, they left a comment on one of my photos. They said they wanted to talk to me about my family's cars...so I'm thinking, oh lord, they might want to put us in their magazine or do an interview with us. I got super excited. I told the page admin that I was a photographer and etc.

Then they said it was just "code talk" for them to send a gift to us. I guess since I said I was a photographer, they picked an item most closely related to my profession. Should have said I was a pro golfer...might have gotten a new golf bag hah!

If you said you were a race driver you might have got a C63.

I keep meaning to approach MB UK to borrow a C63, take it on a tour, take photos and write about it. I have no experience of this whatsoever other than posting here, but it might be worth a try.

Shame your first name isn't Rusty, as they might have sent you a car..

More likely a ball with the Mercedes star on it.

We could make this a Photoshop challenge thread :)

Attachments

• mb.jpg
    mb.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 128
Post #8 looks mighty-familiar.
I had to look twice !!

LOL, just saw this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom