Reckon I could get a double mattress in the back of a W208?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rossyl

Car
CLK 230K W208 Coupe (1999)(Auto)
With the seats folded down, do you think it would be possible to get a double mattress into the back of my W208?

Anyone managed/attempted this?

Cheers

I doubt it's wide enough, even with the sides of the mattress folded up.
Some of the more expensive mattress's are also quite stiff so you'd need a car at least as wide as the mattress.

I got a double matress in the back of a Ka with the seats folded down.

if you jump on it enough it will go .... but you might bugger up the matress as they aren't meant to be folded i don't think.

If you leave them on it i will come give you a hand.....

A single will fit better...Although not sure whether rear passengers will be happy laying on mattress? You may be able to get a seatbelt mod on e-bay ...;)

The narrow bit where the wheel arches come in is the major issue.

Just hoping someone had done it before. I'm buying a cheap mattress from Ikea, £75 job...it's not for me.

If its an Ikea cheapy , just jump on it until it fits .

Might be better in the long run to take her to a cheap motel.

Garden twine + roof bars

What could possibly go wrong?

Try retitling your thread "Retrofitting Slumbatronic?", you won't be able to move for answers then :D

I reckon you could get a £75 ikea mattress in the back of a mini, FWIW

Last edited:
Garden twine + roof bars

What could possibly go wrong?

Try retitling your thread "Retrofitting Slumbatronic?", you won't be able to move for answers then :D

funny enough i saw that the other day!:wallbash:
the poor car had no chance (head wind)

We just bought a Silentnight Miratex memory foam mattress from Costco at the weekend.

It comes vacuum sealed, folded, rolled and stuffed in a box that pops in the boot.

Slide it out of the bed, un-seal the sticky thing holding it together and watch it grow in front of your eyes. Slightly slower than an emergency life raft though!! :D

It was £169 plus VAT for a double. It's so good we've swapped beds, and our expensive pocket sprung orthapedic is now in one of the spare rooms!!

Incredible value, remarkably comfy, and fits in the boot.

If your rear seats go down no problem at all.

You will need string or rope + another person to roll it into a tube.

Single matress yes, I've done that. It just fitted almost flat, through the hole with the seats down. I don't think a double would work.

A noble thought, but unfortunately I paid for delivery...without mega bending, it's not going tot fit.

We just bought a Silentnight Miratex memory foam mattress from Costco at the weekend.

I just took the old mattress to the tip in the ML. What a nightmare. I can't believe how heavy and ungainly mattresses are to get downstairs and into the car!!

Packed in a box it's much easier!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom