Recomendation: Edinburgh Motor Works

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ecossebev

Car
Mercedes Benz 230 TE
Bumped into this guy literally while at a customers house. I spoke to him about my Mercedes for a while and you know when you get that feeling that the guy you are speaking to, knows his stuff.
Anyway, booked the car in at his garage in Dalkeith to replace the wheel bearing, charged me less than I thought, done a couple of 5 minute jobs at no extra cost, he then advised me on a couple of things he had noticed while underneath the car.
At last, after years of looking, I have found a mechanic I can trust.

Edinburgh Motor Works
137 High St.
Dalkeith
(Don't be confused by the amount of Bentleys in his front yard)

sounds good. i've been looking for someone cheap and nearby who may know more about these older merc models.

I followed Carl from when he was head mechanic at the big indy at Danderhall to where he is in Dalkeith. I wouldn't let anyone else touch my car. After 5 minutes conversation with this guy, tell me he doesn't know everything there is to know about Mercedes and BM's. I can thoroughly recommend Carl to anyone and everyone.

Old thread alert!

I'm on the verge of dropping the S class with Carl, I've spoken to him a few times and can confirm he seems to be a top bloke.

Hopefully I'll drop it off next week and report back. He has an excellent reputation among all the mechanics around here.

This may be a silly question, but I take it he has the full STAR diagnostic gear?

He told me he doesn't have it to dealer level, DeutscheMarque are the only ones around with that facility. He does have Diagnostics though.

If you are local enough and care enough - spend a gallon of fuel or so and drive over.

Call it research !

Mulsanne Motors

137 High Street, Dalkeith, EH22 1BE
i-1.JPG

• Rolls Royce
  • Bentley
  • Sales
  • Servicing
  • Repairs & MOT's
  • Restorations

• Tel: 0131 654 9331

Users who are viewing this thread