Recomendation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GazM

Car
CLK 500 Convertible
I'm looking into an alternative to a command upgrade for my W209 CLK (from the research I have done, I don't think the command upgrades offer much?)

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of anyone who could fit a new system in the SW London / Surrey area. i called into the Car Audio Centre the other day but they didn't inspire me with confidence!

also any head unit recommendation's would be great. I would ideally like an integrated phone / bluetooth with sat nav and reverse camera.

thanks
Gareth

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of anyone who could fit a new system in the SW London / Surrey area.

Gareth,

Perhaps you might try 'Command Online', based near M3 J3. Richard is an MB Club forum sponsor and may be a good source of advice and inspiration, as well as discounts!

Regards, lim

Gareth,

Perhaps you might try 'Command Online', based near M3 J3. Richard is an MB Club forum sponsor and may be a good source of advice and inspiration, as well as discounts!

Regards, lim

As above. The only place you need visit.

Ask for Mark or Richard 01276 451579
https://www.commandonline.co.uk/

Best yet... two M's in Recommend and one in COMAND..

Does it REALLY matter? Gareth is asking for help with his car. He's not requesting assistance with spelling. I'm assuming you understood the question regardless of the odd spelling mistake?

Grow up and stop being so silly. If you can't post a remark to help then don't post at all.

Ant.

^ It's OK Ant. We often get a visit from the grammar police:fail:D

Another vote for Richard at command, guy knows his stuff. Nobody mentioned in their recommendations he HAD to fit command, anything those guys cant fit there isn't worth mentioning! Check their Facebook page out

Richard at where? Try and find Richard at Command, really Command, has anyone ever read the handbook, COMAND C-O-M-A-N-D, not difficult COMAND?

GazM, you have the answer to your question, now you can safely ignore the rest of the thread.... :D

thanks guys - will get in touch with Richard when back off 1/2 term holidays. ChrisDean, do yourself a favor and don't get involved with any thread associated with me. thanks

for what it's worth, I have been weighing up my options since I bought my W209 and opted to keep the OEM Comand system, update to the latest maps and have already installed the GROM Audio MST4 bluetooth module to stream music.

Once I get some time I'm planning to do a write-up and review on the GROM install but in short, so far so good and working very well on all fronts.

for what it's worth, I have been weighing up my options since I bought my W209 and opted to keep the OEM Comand system, update to the latest maps and have already installed the GROM Audio MST4 bluetooth module to stream music.

Once I get some time I'm planning to do a write-up and review on the GROM install but in short, so far so good and working very well on all fronts.

thanks for this. couple of quick questions!
where did you get the latest Maps from and do they include full post code search etc..
i have a (non working) Viso bluetooth in the center console. did yours come with this and if so why did you opt for the GROM?

you've obviously done some research so appreciate your thoughts.

thanks
Gareth

thanks for this. couple of quick questions!
where did you get the latest Maps from and do they include full post code search etc..
i have a (non working) Viso bluetooth in the center console. did yours come with this and if so why did you opt for the GROM?

you've obviously done some research so appreciate your thoughts.

thanks
Gareth

Sat Nav update I've not done yet, but having consulted Comandonline yesterday I simply need the latest Comand APS version 17 disc to update; I am currently running version 4.0. It currently doesn't do full postcode search so am not expecting the upgrade to change that, if it does then that's a bonus. I'm most concerned about getting the roads updated!

My CLK didn't have any pre-wiring so any phone set up will have required retro-fitting. Given that I wanted bluetooth phone as well as music streaming I opted for the GROM which does both. I use a version of it already in my Honda Accord which works really well. I opted to stick with the OEM comand unit as I quite like the OEM look and I find the radio interface pretty good!

Only negatives I'd say about the GROM is the nature of the controls via the changer (it replaces the disc changer) is that incoming calls will not switch over if you're listening to FM for instance, it requires switching over manually by selecting the CD changer source. On my Honda the changer controls allowed auto switching but not so on the MB MOST cd changer setup. For me it's no big deal as it's pressing an extra button before picking up. Another slight negative in relation to this are the actual controls. [next track] answers the call and [prev track] rejects or disconnects rather than utilising the dedicated phone buttons on the panel and steering wheel. Again, for me not a big deal but may be a sticking point for purists.

Bluetooth phone audio works perfectly well with no echoes or feedback; I mounted the mic to the roof above the rear view mirror. The sound quality for streaming music is very good; surprisingly good in fact. I only use bluetooth streaming on my android device through Google Play music rather than via USB with the suggested app which I found quite buggy previously (though not tested recently). When I tested both ways I couldn't hear any difference so stuck with the wireless method with Google Play interface.

Hopefully all will make more sense once I eventually do my write-up with some photos.

Quince

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom