Recomendations for a france/switzerland tour (In a car)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gunning

MB Enthusiast
Car
800BHP Rothmans 911 / Range Rover / s212
I'm going to be doing a tour of France/ Switzerland this year for 12-14 days. I've had a look around and have one possible route but is there any specific routes/ places that are a must? I don't want to be on the road every day as I might bring my German Shepard with me!

Any suggestions would be great. I will be driving my touareg so exciting fast roads aren't important, scenic would be nice. I know a few of you guys go on tours so any advice would be great.

I'll be going in November/ December

Unless you have a compelling reason to leave it that late in the year my advice would be to bring your trip forward to well before November. If you do leave it until November / December you will need winter tyres fitted and the prospect of miserable weather is almost guaranteed so the scenic roads are likely to be under a blanket of rain, drizzle, fog or worse. Days will be short too.

Sorry to sound negative, but I'm sure you want an enjoyable trip, not an endurance event memorable for all the wrong reasons.

I have to agree, now is the time to enjoy the stunning scenery and roads. Most people travel in December purely to get to ski resorts. Saying that at lake level there is not usually snow.

S

Ahhh ok valid advice there! Thanks guys. Might change my plans and go over Christmas for a bit of skiing/ snowboarding + Paris for the wench.

I did a 3 week trip a couple of summers ago, and August was a great time of year for it. I know you said France & Switzerland, but Italy is well worth it as well. The coastal roads between southern France and northern Italy are amazing, just keep away from the Autostrade as the tolls are killer!

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom