Recomended

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kjay

Car
C200k Coupe 2003
I've just upgraded the RAM on my laptop.

PC Wolrd wanted about 115 quid for a 2GB install.:eek:

Found these on the interweb....
http://www.crucial.com/uk/index.aspx

I placed the order on Monday and have just recieved and installed 2GB of Ram - Total price including postage - 28.76 !!!

Well chuffed!

:)

I also bought 2GB of RAM from them, cost £34 ish. Bought what was recommended on their memory congigurator thingy on their web site. Caused computer to keep crashing and only 1GB recognised by BIOS and Windows XP.
Flashed my BIOS to no avail, turned out I needed 16 chip rather than 8 chip modules. Spoke to Crucial, ordered and paid for a second kit, got RMA number from them for the original memory. New kit delivered within a couple of days, installed and working perfectly.
I returned the original kit, only a few miles from me so I saved the postage. Received confirmation e-mail to say it had been received.
A couple of days later I was reimbursed for the first kit and received a confirmation e-mail.
All in all, apart from the incorrect advice on their configurator, which doesn't allow for different versions of motherboards, a very helpfull and co-operative company. Good delivery times, good communications and prompt refunds.
Highly recommended, and no I don't have any affiliations with them apart from being a satisfied customer.

All in all, apart from the incorrect advice on their configurator, which doesn't allow for different versions of motherboards, a very helpfull and co-operative company. Good delivery times, good communications and prompt refunds.
Highly recommended, and no I don't have any affiliations with them apart from being a satisfied customer.

Good thing about Crucial is that if you buy via the configurator the order says what system the memory is for. If you have a compatibility problem with an obscure old system there is unlikely to be any dispute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom