Recommend a Snow Foam Lance for Karcher K4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Hi guys,

Got one for Christmas, anyone recommend a decent Snow Foam Lance for Karcher K4?

This any good?

I bought the Autobrite lance on recomendation from a thread on this forum. Good quality, good performance. Wish I could say the same for the Karcher K4 I also use. Cheap glued plastic parts. I have had to dismantle and replace several parts despite very light use. The outlet elbow needed replacing after about 6 car washes! Replaced it with a metal one from an aftermarket supplier.
snowfoam1.jpg

I have an Autobrite attachment too, albeit perhaps 10 years old now, and it works well 👍🏻

I was looking to buy the autobrite foam lance based on the excellent reviews.

But after discussions with LeeJV which he has intensive knowledge in detailing products (he's the oracle) lol
I purchased what he recommended
Detail drivens foam lance

Similar price to autobrite, will not tipple over as it is not top heavy, and has a big open neck so u can poor liquid in very easily 😉

I was looking to buy the autobrite foam lance based on the excellent reviews.

But after discussions with LeeJV which he has intensive knowledge in detailing products (he's the oracle) lol
I purchased what he recommended
Detail drivens foam lance

Similar price to autobrite, will not tipple over as it is not top heavy, and has a big open neck so u can poor liquid in very easily 😉

A wide base is very useful, because the weight of the nozzle “assembly” easily tipples many snow foam lances over 👍🏻

Karcher's own snow gun works well. I think I have one in the shed that is going spare, as I now have a Stihl washer.

Karcher's own snow gun works well. I think I have one in the shed that is going spare, as I now have a Stihl washer.

Is that the small one? Or have they got a bigger one now? I have a Megs one (I think) and it works well with my K4 but more expensive than others which seem identical.

This one was posted on t'other side. I'm sure they are sponsors there so may be a discount to be had

They also sell this one

Is that the small one? Or have they got a bigger one now? I have a Megs one (I think) and it works well with my K4 but more expensive than others which seem identical.

This one was posted on t'other side. I'm sure they are sponsors there so may be a discount to be had

They also sell this one

I originally had an expensive one from CMC, but it didn't last well. The Karcher one worked really well and was only about £15-£20 I think.

Be careful if anyone decides to buy the generic snow foamer that a lot of different suppliers are selling on eBay. I found it would not fit because there was some mould slip on the plastic connector and I had to ream the hole out. Seems to be a common problem. Once fixed though it has done it's job well.

i bought the autobrite one although its fitted to my nilfisk nice though

1609939335061.png

Pro Kleen for me ... using this on my Karcher HDS 5/11 UX without problems - even in hot mode. In terms of fitment, make sure you buy the right one :) Don't go with generic like the picture here. The actual Karcher connector is brass as well ...

I bought the Autobrite lance on recomendation from a thread on this forum. Good quality, good performance. Wish I could say the same for the Karcher K4 I also use. Cheap glued plastic parts. I have had to dismantle and replace several parts despite very light use. The outlet elbow needed replacing after about 6 car washes! Replaced it with a metal one from an aftermarket supplier.
View attachment 106654

Maybe play with the settings a bit. It MIGHT looks a bit thin .. 'Might' only because it might look different in the flesh.

Here what the Pro Kleen looks like on my car btw. - if you want to compare:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is my set up it not the actual gun but give you the idea, it's worth going for quick release attachment over the standard karcher ones.

81bJtutgn2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg61twQooIGQL._AC_SL1260_.jpgSnowFoamLance_740x.jpg5cfdf8c67c78785f402fd1e1-1-large.jpg

I have used the Karcher one for a few years now and for the price it does the job well enough for washing a car ;)

EDIT - Just to add. I have been using the Autoglym Polar Blast/Wash/Seal products which are all applied with the FJ6 so bought some of these extra bottles.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom