Recommend an Alarm Clock?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 w212 and Ford Ranger
Our Stereo alarm clock is no longer stereo. Time to address this.

Would quite like DAB and FM. Ipod option would be nice but not essential. Must have large numbers as I'm half blind without me glasses. Decent sound quality would be nice, all for not a lot...

Any recommendation out there?

Courtesy of my favourite eBuyer:

Memorex Clock Radio for iPod/iPhone | Ebuyer.com

My clock radio is an ancient Matsui, not made for 15 years and with no iPod connectivity. So I can't recommend anything I've used. However, Memorex are a good brand and the clock display is big so it should be fine.

I will send you the dog that lives over the road, and the one that lives out back, perfect stereo, wake the bloody dead.:rolleyes:

I just charge my iPhone overnight and let it waken me.

No clock visible - if I waken and don't hear the dulcit tones of my phone then I roll over.

I've got a two year old son that wakes up at 6 o clock if that's any good, David?

I've got a two year old son that wakes up at 6 o clock if that's any good, David?

Been there and done that thankyou!

Convinced that boys are harder work than girls - very rarely woken before 7 by our daughter when younger, once she started sleeping through

I've got one of these:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Pure-Chronos-Radio-Alarm-Clock/dp/B000X45JUE?extid=TP_2_FRO_T_MSF_

You can set different alarm times each day (or mon to fri and no alarm at the weekend)

Also it gets time automatically so no faffing around with GMT / BST etc

I have one of them , its brilliant. Except... when the alarm comes on, set to radio it doesn't soft start, straight in at the preset volume. Can be a bit, er, alarming on a cold dark morning:)

Shame you don't live near me and that I no longer have my Jeep. I woke half the mews I parked in up when I started it at 6am (and got notes on my windscreen asking me never to park there again!)

Edit: Internet alarms are good. I set one on my laptop and left my laptop on all night. Forgot the volume was on full from watching a DVD where the sound was quiet for some reason. That certainly wakes you up the quickest (and almost gives you a heart attack!)

I have one of them , its brilliant. Except... when the alarm comes on, set to radio it doesn't soft start, straight in at the preset volume. Can be a bit, er, alarming on a cold dark morning:)

I just have the volume low as even dust landing on the floor usually wakes me up :mad:

I'm popular at the moment. Our poorly one came with two speakers. The one that works is on her side of the bed... oops.

I have a three year old that wakes up without fail at 6am, you can borrow him.

Wake up, alarm clocks are passé

:D

I'm popular at the moment. Our poorly one came with two speakers. The one that works is on her side of the bed... oops.
Can you not swap the speakers so the working one is your side of the bed?

With regards to a new alarm I have one of those projector alarm clocks, if you wake in the middle of the night look up and 10" numbers on the ceiling tell me to shut my eyes again.:thumb: I think SWMBO got it from Argos.

Then I'd have to visit the wrong side to set it...

Thanks for the recommendations guys...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom