Recommend plate maker (3D gel)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tylerdurden

Prices seem to vary quite a bit from about £25 on eBay to £50 on other sites.

Just wondering if any recommendations?

I think 3D gel plates are what I want

Are these legal ?
Apparently, according to those who make them:

Screenshot-20200208-085921-Chrome.jpg

Are these legal ?
Oddly enough, yes. But to a pedantic copper who had got out of bed on the wrong side this morning the one in this photo would technically be illegal because of the frame surrounding it and the fact that the BS making is covered up, 11mm border and all that other boring stuff that we should not have to worry about :p

There is a subtle difference between 3D and 4D.

(Some say that all are 3D but the 4D essentially have more height).

More than £30 (for 3D) and you are paying too much. Some people are trying to charge £75/pair.

Oddly enough, yes. But to a pedantic copper who had got out of bed on the wrong side this morning the one in this photo would technically be illegal because of the frame surrounding it and the fact that the BS making is covered up, 11mm border and all that other boring stuff that we should not have to worry about :p
You’ll be happy to know the frame was only ever used for the photo. It was one I’d bought cheap a while ago so gave it a try, but just didn’t like it. It’s was replaced with an OE MB plate holder

Numberplate Clinic or Fullhouse Customs are decent places

I use a 4D one from Fullhouse. My OEM plate surround covers all the legal details, never been pulled and no MOT problems :thumb:

My old 3D gel plate was from Primo Plates, no legality problems with that either although the text was far up enough to not be covered by the surround

Terrible pics I know, the only thing you can see past the surround on the 4D one is the top of the fullhouse logo

B6386E15-F915-4E38-A06C-1CA50F7D3B1D.jpeg 30483EBB-2640-4CCC-AF93-3427E934EC5D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom