Recommend replacement headlight bulbs S204 2012 facelift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tonygw

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 CDI AMG Blue efficiency diesel
H Guys

During lock down I am thinking of changing the healdight bulbs in my 2012 S204 C class estate.

What do you guys recommend as decent replacement/upgrades. I want to keep it strictly road legal and dont want to cause any problems of headlight yellowing or anything like that so looking for decent brand but better bulbs, Are these H7 types in this model of Merc?

What do you guys suggest or have tried that are good?

Cheers

I would be surprised if in 2012 S204 are H7, more likely Xenons D1S bulbs.
If those are really H7, I have upgraded my Mini with Osram Night Breaker Laser H7 and the improvement was significant.
If bulbs are actually Xenons, I have just changed them on my E class with Osram Xenarc Original D1S HID. These were the factory fitted bulbs on my MB.

CHeers

MIne doesnt have the Xenon option :-( so they are regular bulbs in mine, I was guessing at the H7 types? Hence I need somethng better than the standard Merc types, Maybe the osrams are the ones to go for then? :)

Yes your W204 will have 4 x H7 Halogen bulbs.

You can upgrade the standard bulbs to one of the variants in the Osram NightBreaker family or Philips xTreme Vision etc.

But keep in mind that the brighter the bulb, the shorter its service life.

I tried both Osram NightBreaker Unlimited and Osram NightBreaker Silver, and found the latter to be a better proposition for me in terms of the balance between brightness and longevity.

Great, thanks for the rpely, I might try the "Silver " ones then as I dont want to be changing the bulbs to often LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom