Recommendations for a dent guy, Surrey/ SW London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greggster

Car
CLK W209 500 Elegance
Anyone have a recommendation for a good dent guy? Last one I used wasn't bad, but also wasn't great - a lot of teeth sucking etc!

Have a few dints on the CLK and my wife's car, so probably a few hours work.

Cheers,

Warning - I need to vent!!!

I must have tried about 15 local dent repair 'companies' and I've honestly never been so unimpressed - either not bothered to call back, or want me to send them photos for a quote (even though I told them I was happy to agree a price on the day), or have to fill in their form on a website, or getting a call centre 'receptionist' answer service and then no call back, or quoting £450 for a few hours work because of my postcode etc etc etc. FFS!! My sympathy goes out to anyone in the trade!

Rant over. I finally found someone who could answer his phone, could tell me how he charges, and could book me in for Tuesday :)

Greg i had my volvo sorted out .It came with dents ,and dings , in so many places it was unreal . In my area and i would think in yours you will find Dent Devils .I can only say the work they did on my Volvo was perfect. I had one mark on the door top like it had been hit with a nail ,but no paint missing .The dent was that bad i told the chap not to work on it .Any way after the job was done ,he asked me to come and take a look .I was speechless, to say the least .The marks had all gone ,it was like a new car with out them.The dent on top of the door had been put right also .The work was second to none .After this i had him back a few times to do jobs on my car, or the war depot [wife] .She hit a phesant on the way home one night .A real good dent .This was put right after a visit. So if you can check them out .You wont be sorry.

I've got a good guy round the corner from me in Potters Bar. Has done a few of our cars now a few times.

I'm selling my car and tried to fill in a small dent by the door handle. Ended up messing it up and making it worst....drips of dried paint etc. Was quoted £1100 by one paint shop who would only spray both door panels, £250 by another. He did it for £80 which involved painted 25% of the door and blending it in....did a perfect job!

With the franchises (Dent Devils, Chips Away) it all depends who you get. Although they've all been trained, some are a lot more experienced than others.

Might be worth sharing details of the good ones on here.

When I tried my local franchises a couple of years back, they never returned phone calls.

With the franchises (Dent Devils, Chips Away) it all depends who you get. Although they've all been trained, some are a lot more experienced than others.

Might be worth sharing details of the good ones on here.

When I tried my local franchises a couple of years back, they never returned phone calls.

A spot on post.
It's like where I work, some are good like me:D, others are average and a few are:fail

Like any trade, profession, its down to the individual. However, if a company wants a good reputation, they need to hire the best.

I need one, I live in Bexley - a good recommendation is priceless.:thumb:

I also live in SW London/Croydon area and need to do some repair work on my car.

Was hoping someone would recommend anyone who was good and reasonable!

I'll let you know if this guy is any good next week.

The last guy I used was a Chips Away guy, next to useless :(

Ok, Ryan from Fixadent came around today to sort the dents out in the CLK, he does PDR Paintless Dent Removal and covers Surrey mainly but have a look at his website for the areas covered www.fixadent.co.uk

I am very very impressed, highly recommended, quality work, a nice guy to deal with, turned up on time, no fuss, just great!

He did about 15 small dents on the CLK and my wife's Subaru in about 90 minutes, 6 panels in total.

At last I found someone who I can trust for future work!

greggster said:
Ok, Ryan from Fixadent came around today to sort the dents out in the CLK, he does PDR Paintless Dent Removal and covers Surrey mainly but have a look at his website for the areas covered www.fixadent.co.uk I am very very impressed, highly recommended, quality work, a nice guy to deal with, turned up on time, no fuss, just great! He did about 15 small dents on the CLK and my wife's Subaru in about 90 minutes, 6 panels in total. At last I found someone who I can trust for future work!

Hey man any chance of letting us know how much he charged you for the whole lot...my car was keyed and it's from the fuel cap all the way to the passenger door hinge.. Ffs if only I got my hands on them when it was done I would have had em

A spot on post.
It's like where I work, some are good like me:D, others are average and a few are:fail

Like any trade, profession, its down to the individual. However, if a company wants a good reputation, they need to hire the best.

I need one, I live in Bexley - a good recommendation is priceless.:thumb:

Could try my brother DENT REPAIR KENT | DENT REPAIRS KENT

On the poster that commented about sending pictures and agreeing prices, you would be amazed how many people say its a small dent and when seen the paint is broken and its huge! Likewise, some dents are in difficult areas and take a lot more time including trim removal - all has to be reflected in the price :bannana:

vabenzi said:
Hey man any chance of letting us know how much he charged you for the whole lot...my car was keyed and it's from the fuel cap all the way to the passenger door hinge.. Ffs if only I got my hands on them when it was done I would have had em

Gutted :(

He only does dent removal, not paintwork I'm afraid.

Cheers SJmaxwell, I have bookmarked the page and will look into it.
A PDR man offered to come around this Friday but I have a hospital appt - so wont have it looked at until i more free time.
The dent on my brand new car id not bigger than a 5p and hav fraction over 1mm paint chip, but am aware re PDR process.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom