Recommendations for coilovers or springs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

babyblueCE

Car
300 CE
Hello all, just wanted to know if you have some recommendations for a coilover set or just some lowering springs. My car seems to be sitting lower at the front than at the rear. I have attached a some pics so you can see. I was looking to lower 40mm at the front and 60mm at the rear?

Attachments

• New Image3.JPG
    New Image3.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 101
Coilovers are not really applicable to the W124 series as they have separate springs and shocks. Ride height is often adjusted /levelled by using different thickness spring pads at the top of the coil springs. Best way to lower your car is to use Mercedes own Sportline springs and shocks- there are literally pages of info on this topic on the forum if you do a search. 35-40 mm is the max you can lower without running into other suspension geometry problems.

H & R are a well respected aftermarket lowering spring. I'm having some fitted to my W116 next week.

Thanks for the recommendations guys will have a look and decided.

There's is a set of H&R springs on eBay for your car

When fitting those do you also need to change the shocks?

No, its a straight swap. I guess that you could end up with the car being lower than the stated 30mm (in my case) if the shocks are worn and in that case it may require new ones.

No, its a straight swap. I guess that you could end up with the car being lower than the stated 30mm (in my case) if the shocks are worn and in that case it may require new ones.

It is the springs that determine ride height not the dampers ("shocks" or shock absorbers are actually the springs themselves, the dampers control the spring movement hence they "damp" and control the natural oscillation of the spring.:)

I saw those springs earlier on but its £150 + £15 delivery but you can buy a set of new ones from venom motorsport for £178 so i was going to consider the new ones instead.

They are new and you can make an offer

I bought the H&R springs for my W201 online from a shop in Germany. They were much cheaper than in the UK.

How do i come about doing that Rob77?

How do you buy something from Germany? Use Google and eBay.de to search for the product you want and look for recommended suppliers in the various forums. Check delivery costs and email with questions, choose the one you want and place the order.

May some one help me with any site in Germany?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom