Recommendations for new set tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

erdnase

Car
E Class Coupe 2016
Time for a new set of tyres for my 2016 E200 E Class Coupe any recommendations.?

Michelin Pilot Sport 4
Goodyear Asymmetric 3
Continental Sport Contact 5

Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 3 or Michelin Pilot Sport 4. Both very good premium brand tyres.

Uniroyal Rainsport 3 or Falken ZE914 are both good mid price tyres.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of recommendations for personal favourites.

Check them all on the Tyre review website.
Tyre reviews, tests and ratings - Tyre Reviews

Got Continental Sport contract 5 on the rear of my CLK and seem to be doing great, as do the Goodyear Asymmetric 3 on the fronts. This change I will replace all 4 with Pilot Sport 4.

Thanks I have the Continetals on my car ,factory fitted but hoping to get more mileage out a different brand.

Thanks I have the Continetals on my car ,factory fitted but hoping to get more mileage out a different brand.

How many miles have you managed on the Contis?

Whats sort of mileage do you get from Goodyear , Falken or Michelin tyres .

6600 miles

That's about right. First set of (rear) craptinentals that came with the car last about 10000km (by contrast the Michelin's on my Focus were still only 1/2 worn after 50000km so it's not my driving style). My local German tyre place tried to insist I fit another set, but I insisted on Michelin (Primacy); replacement set last 50000km and were replaced due to one puncture and a bit of cracking. Ironically the craptinentals were made in France and the Michelin's were made in Germany (much to the disappointment of my local tyre "expert").

There is a a reason why they are referred to as Craptinentals!!!

I need rears for my Jaguar XK. See this test:

2018 Auto Bild 20 inch UHP Tyre Test - Tyre Reviews

I decided to try the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti tyres. Pretty decent reviews, and a very good price too. I'd have gone for the Goodyears, but the Asymmetric 2 is no longer available, and I couldn't be bothered ringing around to try to find somebody who had some left.

I need rears for my Jaguar XK. See this test:

2018 Auto Bild 20 inch UHP Tyre Test - Tyre Reviews

I decided to try the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti tyres. Pretty decent reviews, and a very good price too. I'd have gone for the Goodyears, but the Asymmetric 2 is no longer available, and I couldn't be bothered ringing around to try to find somebody who had some left.

Pirelli P-Zero is the standard fitment for the XK and they aren't covered in that test.

Ok having looked at various tyres Goodyear Asymmetric 3 seem to be good deal at Costco and get good reviews. Any idea what sort of mileage I should expect?
Thanks for all the replies to my question.

If you have minimum 19” rims then Michelin Pilot Sport 4s. I have just changed from the Goodyear A3, the Michelin do provide more grip.

delinte dh2.

Yes I do have 19 inch rims and will have a look at Michelin. Meanwhile just had my car serviced. Seems my tyres have a little more life left than I thought according to the Mercedes Dealer. Still couple months new tyres.

Ok having looked at various tyres Goodyear Asymmetric 3 seem to be good deal at Costco and get good reviews. Any idea what sort of mileage I should expect?
Thanks for all the replies to my question.

I got 15500 all round on goodyear some motorway but mostly Milton Keynes lots of roundabouts

Thanks for update on Goodyear tyres. I’ve just ordered a set and will have them fitted as soon as they arrive. If I can get 15000 miles out of them i’d be delighted. That would be double what I got out of the continental tyres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom