Recommendations for polishing alloy wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swl

We are going to Halfords this weekend to buy the Zymol cleaner wax and shampoo. Can we use the Zymol cleaner wax to polish the alloy wheels? If not, may we have some recommendations on what to use.

Thanks.

swl

I've used the standard Autoglym polish on mine and they came up really well.

swl
I have used Zymol on mine and it does make the b dust shift easier on every wash. I don t wax them every week though.

Cheers
Ian

Wire brush on the end of a powerdrill.....top polisher:bannana:

Or maybe Elbow grease with a little help from autoglym!!

Ill get my coat.:crazy:

Ill get my coat.:crazy:

LOL!

When I wa 17 I did try a powerdrill and wire brush. The results were not very good :confused:

Last edited:
Originally posted by Fudger
LOL!

When I wa 17 I did try a powerdrill and wire brush. The results were not very good :confused:

Ar but was that on a "Rusty old Ford"???:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Brian, it was on my Dads new Triumph :bannana:

Did I get a a wallop or what :(

OH dear OH dear OH dear.:crazy: :crazy:

At least you know now ,from experience,:rolleyes: not to do it again M8.:cool: :cool:

any wax will do, but as long as you regularly clean your wheels (at least once a week) there is no need to polish!

About every couple of months I T- Cut the wheels
(this brings all the road grime off)

Then use a good quality wax, auto glym is very good, this seems to stop the brake dust sticking.

In between this i use diluted traffic film remover to shift the heavy grime then wash with triplex Wash & Wax the trick is dont let the brake dust buld up for more than about a week or it seems to bake its self on

Happy Days

Gunny

You can actually remove months of brake dust, apparently "baked on" or "pitted" by using the autoglym high-tech wheel brush. It works wonders, although it is a little expensive. My dad bought 3 similar looking brushes off the market for £1! I don't think they would last nearly as long but as you can buy 33 of them for the same price as the Autoglym brush maybe they're not so bad :)

Originally posted by Shude
You can actually remove months of brake dust, apparently "baked on" or "pitted" by using the autoglym high-tech wheel brush. It works wonders, although it is a little expensive. My dad bought 3 similar looking brushes off the market for £1! I don't think they would last nearly as long but as you can buy 33 of them for the same price as the Autoglym brush maybe they're not so bad :)

AG one is only about £11 and mine has lasted years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom