Recommendations for rear-mounted 2 bike rack for 2017 GLE 250

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MAF123

Car
GLE 250
Hi ... I would appreciate any guidance ... I am looking for a rear-mounted bike rack for 2017 GLE 250. They all seem to say not suitable. I am not intending to open the hatch when I have the bikes on ... is there an issue other than weight on hatch?

Appreciate anyones experience

Regards,

Mark

What's wrong with something like the Saris Bones EX ?

I haven't used these on an SUV (shudder), but I've used them on a variety of saloons and convertibles, and I've seen them on SUV's

To ask an obvious question, why not a roof rack, with the mandatory / necessary stepping stool to reach the roof ?

Screenshot 2021-05-07 at 18.21.31.png

I haven't used these on an SUV (shudder), but I've used them on a variety of saloons and convertibles, and I've seen them on SUV's

To ask an obvious question, why not a roof rack, with the mandatory / necessary stepping stool to reach the roof ?

View attachment 112696
I can't see anything wrong with it .... Why the shudder re SUV? I suppose I could take a ladder

View attachment 112696
Thank you for responding

Hi ... I would appreciate any guidance ... I am looking for a rear-mounted bike rack for 2017 GLE 250. They all seem to say not suitable. I am not intending to open the hatch when I have the bikes on ... is there an issue other than weight on hatch?

Appreciate anyones experience

Regards,

Mark
My guess is that the top part trim of tailgate is plastic and as such not suitable carrying and weight.

I can't see anything wrong with it .... Why the shudder re SUV? I suppose I could take a ladder
I was simply surprised that it didn’t come up in your earlier research. The Bones is a popular product.

As regards the roof box, a ladder is not the solution, you just need a compact folding step, as used by DIYers to give you that extra foot to comfortably swing a bike onto a roof holder.

“SUV’s ?” That’s another thread in itself….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom