Recommendations for wheel alignment/tracking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Hey guys,

My front wheels are wearing un-evenly, have been told I need alignment done...

Having the front tyres replaced, but not sure where to have it done, Kwik-fit seem to be fine swapping tyres over but they are s*** at anything else...

I really really don't want them messing around with my cars tracking lol anyone know any decent places to have it done?

I'm in Midlands/London but I don't mind travelling to have the job done properly

How much do Merc charge to do this, perhaps this is something main dealer has to do :(

Cheers
Abs

I can get Pirelli P Zero Nero GTs for £86.20 each fitted at the place you've linked above...

Would I make any difference having Continentals on rear and Pirellis on front?

Cheers will get that sorted this weekend. Any idea of cost?

Any recommendations for cheapest way to get tyres? I'm going to get either Continental or Michelin... would prefer Continentals as I have those on the rear (was gonna put pilot sport on but these were only ones in stock)

Don't be too hasty with tyres. Go to Wheels in Motion, and they will do everything to straighten out the car. Then you'll know what to do next

Sent using a tin can on the end of a string

Audi do 4 wheel alignment using the hunter system for £120

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

WIM / Blackboots also supply and fit tyres.

And you can't really align a car with unevenly worn tyres - you really need to fit the new tyres first, then get the alignment done.

Hi,
don't know in your neck of the woods
but
local to me £25 for front tracking and £75 for 4 wheel alignment by indi
Any garage should be able to do front tracking just make sure they adjust both side if adjustment needed to keep the steering wheel correct
:thumb:

WIM / Blackboots also supply and fit tyres.

And you can't really align a car with unevenly worn tyres - you really need to fit the new tyres first, then get the alignment done.

My car also needs the 'castor arm' and droplink replacing... will this need to be done before alignment?

My car also needs the 'castor arm' and droplink replacing... will this need to be done before alignment?

Yes. - Replacing suspension components can (will almost certainly) throw the alignment out. Much better to get all the new parts installed, then have the alignment set... if for no other reason than it's much easier to adjust new parts.

Yes. - Replacing suspension components can (will almost certainly) throw the alignment out. Much better to get all the new parts installed, then have the alignment set... if for no other reason than it's much easier to adjust new parts.

Cool. I'll speak to Wayne Gates and get that booked in

get the arms\bushes all replaced frst. then book it in with WIM and get it all straightened out, check tyre prices online, Pirellis wear quick, Good years are very good for the money, but Michelins are the best IMO but a tad expensive.

Cheers guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom