Recommendations reqd: 1-day off-road driving in Midlands (or sailing?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Dazzler

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
Smart ForFour AMG Black Series Night Edition Premium Plus 125 Powered by Brabus
I need to arrange a corporate event at reasonably short notice for around 12 people, and a half-day off-road driving event would fit the bill perfectly - ideally within 60 minutes drive from Birmingham.

A sailing or powerboat type event would be interesting but I think we'd struggle to find something within an hour of Birmingham, unless you know differently.

Google suggests there are lots of outfits who do this stuff, but I'm looking for a recommendation.

I need to book something by Thursday 08/09, for an event two weeks later.

Recommendations please??!! :thumb:

LINK

Am sure I have been there (the 4x4 course at Wedgnock Shooting ground) years ago to do an off roading day. was good fun

Last edited:
You may be more popular with your guests if you avoid September sailing as the gin and tonics may get spilt by some autominal gale!! I'd stick to an off road day - sorry I can't provide options as to where as I live on the Dorset coast with my back towards the sea until April ;-)

Went to Land Rover Experience in Solihull on Friday. All had a great time - so thanks again for the suggestion Troon.

We had a bespoke package which was 2 hours factory tour and 2 hours off road driving.

I visited Rover in Longbridge and Toyota in Burnaston back in the 1990s but nothing since, so I had a whale of a time. The original 1930s building houses both the Range Rover (full-size) and Defender line, the latter has barely changed in 60 years apparently.

The off road areas were great fun. I went out in a Discovery and it was a very impressive car. Going up, down and over stuff is always fun, but the Solihull site has some great wading areas too.

All in all a great day, and good value.

Back at the Land Rover Experience again last week, with about 75 minutes behind the wheel of the new Range Rover (L405) 4.4 SDV8. Very nice it was too.

Back at the Land Rover Experience again last week, with about 75 minutes behind the wheel of the new Range Rover (L405) 4.4 SDV8. Very nice it was too.

Lucky you!!, what's it like?.

Bobby Dazzler said:

I'm booked into the Skipton LRE centre in Aug for the same thing, can't wait.

Have previously done the Honiton course in a FL2 I'm expecting a few differences this time.

There's actually 3 of us booked up in Aug with the other 2 driving the Disco 4 & RRS, when I was on the phone confirming the booking she did mention we could swap vehicles at some point time permitting.

Lucky you!!, what's it like?.

Very impressive, in all respects. I preferred the "old" interior though, that said it was black leather which I don't think shows Range Rovers in their best light.

Not tempted to buy one though :)

Very impressive, in all respects. I preferred the "old" interior though, that said it was black leather which I don't think shows Range Rovers in their best light.

Not tempted to buy one though :)

I really liked the L322 and wasn't sure about the Mk4 at first but they've started to grow on me, I do think their lovely cars, just not at £80-£100k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom