Recommendations: Table Tennis Tables

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wait! Have I missed something here H73?? You're not willing to verify that he's playing with his ping pongs?? (balls) - I thought you volunteered..:dk: :thumb:;);)

Better Still ...you're not willing to play with his "Ping Pongs"????

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Wait! Have I missed something here H73?? You're not willing to verify that he's playing with his ping pongs?? (balls) - I thought you volunteered..:dk: :thumb:;);)

Not sure what I have to do or see tbh. :crazy:

20 -30 Seconds in.. (It runs from that time..) Chris :)

tornado.jpg

Ah ok. So that's called a Tornado - at least that's what that guy calls it. All of the exercises shown in that short clip work the muscles normally ignored in the usual sit up routines.

First, look at the curved arrow above (1) - see how the head and shoulders are off the ground for the entire exercise? This compresses the whole torso, but in particular will pull in the muscles just beneath where the rib cage meets. This aspect alone has a dramatic effect on how the tummy appears from the side.

Next look at the forces imposed on the side and lower abs as the legs are held off the ground. I've added some lines to highlight the areas being worked. In particular pay attention to the lines representing muscles behind the legs. This is what gives you that abdominal V shape - the lines that young guys want as it defines the area just above and beneath their belt line when they are on the beach/shirtless.

It's important that the back is held flat against the ground, and if it is, the muscles will develop bulk and definition. The bulk is the power and the definition comes from the movement of the legs. It's hard to do at first, and you might struggle to breath, I did, but after a while it becomes a really enjoyable treat. Once those muscles beef up, everything in your daily life becomes easier given all other levers will be based on the rigidity and performance of your personal monocoque. :)

I'm going to have to watch some carry on movies now because of you !

Better Still ...you're not willing to play with his "Ping Pongs"????

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

19457-155605-Performance-500M-Crossover-Blue-with-shadow_400_590.jpg

Thanks for your help all. I decided to go with the Cornilleau Performance 500M Outdoor Table Tennis Table.

A little more than I wanted to pay, but we wanted the flexibility to store outdoors if needed. Also this model has an anti glare playing surface, adjustable legs, can be cleaned with a pressure hose and has a 10 year outdoor guarantee. Bats and balls can be stored on board (whoopee!) plus it has a very nice, albeit optional, cover. Did I mention that it was French? (Instead of the German model I originally considered :D).

This has brought back fond memories of my cousins and myself playing table tennis on my Nans huge dinning room table, my Grandad made the bats for us out of wood he got from the Docks were he worked .
It came to a sudden halt one day when Nans dog Sandy got the ball crushed it and started to eat it .
Happy Days :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom