Recommended Airlines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dieselman

Banned
Car
Peugeot 403 Convertible
For 15 hours travel, which of these carriers gets the thumbs up, and what reason is given for that?

Turkish Airlines
KLM
Kenya Airlines
Emirates
Air France

Air France and Kenya Airlines....never again

Emirates from that list although Singapore and Etihad are my favourite two simply for IFE, flight times and the feeling of being looked after.

As a frequent long haul flyer there is only one I would fly that being Emirates which also happens to be one of the best

Emirates offer the best service Turkish and Air France safety record not good enough and Kenyan very basic with old equipment and prone to delays. KLM would be second but they have gone downhill dramatically since the merger with Air France. I have flown all those mentioned

If the destination is Kenya BA have some great deals at the minute just been looking for March for Kenya and Tanzania

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Last edited:
The problem with flying Emirates is the 23h return leg.

So far, Turkish looks a reasonable choice. No 5 on the rankings, 13h each way.

If the destination is Kenya BA have some great deals at the minute just been looking for March for Kenya and Tanzania

The destination isn't Kenya, but I do intend to return to Tanzania sometime. The downside to BA is their rankings are low and you have to fly from LHR.

Hi Long hall i have found Emirates but well worth the money to go business class
This month i was on a five and half hour flight not with Emirates and found there are no movies anymore on shorter flights and everyone had there own ipads out . Watching films .

Hi Long hall i have found Emirates but well worth the money to go business class

Great when someone else is paying for it...fancy chipping in..?

It's for Charidee...

Unfortunately we are not all well heeled enough to go business. Must be 5 times the price of cattle class. I'd bear the discomfort and enjoy spending the difference.

Last edited:
Once you know the flight number use one of those websites that tells you the seating pitch etc.

Dieselman said:
Reason? They are only rated one position above Turkish and the return flight is an additional 10 hours.

I used to do Turkey regular on a mixture of Turkish and Lufthansa through Munich . That was up until a spate of bad experiences on Turkish culminating one day when Turkish missed the runway at Manchester and ended up on the grass, this was in 2009 just after Turkish had the crash at Amsterdam. That did it for me never flown them since, life is too valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

We went to Australia some years ago with Emirates as im six foot two, sorry there was no way i could go normal class . Not for a 24hr flight .We had a limo pick us up from the house to the airport and from the airport to the hotel . And back both ways in with the cost and the service was 100% . But with cost i would only do it if its long hall .

culminating one day when Turkish missed the runway at Manchester and ended up on the grass, this was in 2009 just after Turkish had the crash at Amsterdam. That did it for me never flown them since, life is too valuable.

I'm partial to "thrill" activities. That could sounds like fun.

We went to Australia some years ago with Emirates as im six foot two, sorry there was no way i could go normal class . Not for a 24hr flight .We had a limo pick us up from the house to the airport and from the airport to the hotel . And back both ways in with the cost and the service was 100% . But with cost i would only do it if its long hall .

The trouble is I'm paying and spending £2,000 + to get there really seems excessive.

I've done 17h on a 747 cattle class, and am a bit taller than you, so reckon I can cope.

Turkish price has gone up £70 in the last 45 minutes...

Dieselman said:
I'm partial to "thrill" activities. That could sounds like fun.

Me too I've bungeed in Zimbabwe, parachuted in India and bobsleighed in Kazakhstan to name a few. But I've weighed up the risk beforehand and decided it was a risk worth taking in return for the thrill of the reward gained.

Not being derogatory in anyway but the Turks don't give a sh*t and take unnecessary risk in all industries including aviation.

Your call at the end of day but just sharing my experiences and if cost is the major factor then you may consider the risk worth it?

<_UIBarButtonItemAppearanceStorage: 0x6214c60>

Not being derogatory in anyway but the Turks don't give a sh*t and take unnecessary risk in all industries including aviation.

Your call at the end of day but just sharing my experiences and if cost is the major factor then you may consider the risk worth it?

I understand your POV, but how does Turkish Airlines get to be ranked at No-5 in the world rankings if it has a poor safety record?

Incidentally, they are ranked no-7 for the best seats.

Ahhh.

http://www.jacdec.de/safety-ranking-2014/

Last edited:
Care to share the final destination DM?

A 13hr flight with the airlines mentioned leaves me intrigued:D

You never know, we may have some ideas you hadn't thought of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom